Notices

Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Old 02-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

Now, for all you E-Dockers out there, is the Grand Lake boat show any better?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

NO the Grand show is not any better! There is no longer any High Perf. dealers left on Grand, I dont go to the Tulsa show anymore unless I am REALLY BORED!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

I agree. I am going more this year not to look at performance boats but wakeboard boats to drag the kids around.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Registered

Sounds like a waste of time. Maybe I should cancel my trip for tonight...
Old 02-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Try the OP boat show in KC next year if you don't mind the drive. Could be better IMO but ok. Donzi, the new 40' Baja with others in there line up, Fountain, Envison, tons of Formula's and a few others. I though more would show, but I'm a newby what do I know......
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
Sounds like a waste of time. Maybe I should cancel my trip for tonight...
I guess it depends on what you want to look at. If you're looking for performance boats, it will be a wasted trip. 1 35 outlaw, 1 25 outlaw, and there is a bright orange 20 outlaw.

If you're looking for a wake board boat, there are a lot of those around. There are a couple of Formulas, but nothing from what I would consider their performance line. They are more cruiser/runabout type boats.

If you want a bass boat, well you are in heaven! The only thing is that every dealer has the same stuff. There were more tracker boats than anything else. There must be 5 tracker displays with the bass boats and their Tahoe runabouts.

Of course there are the PWC dealers with all the new boring 4-stroke engine skis. I saw one Kawasaki stand-up.

It does surprise me the number of HUGE cruisers though. You'd almost think that it was one of the biggest market segments of Tulsa. It may be, but I find that hard to believe.

We would have liked to go the the OP show, but no time this year. I used to go to it every year when I lived there. It was always the best show around there.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

I guess it depends on what you want to look at. If you're looking for performance boats, it will be a wasted trip. 1 35 outlaw, 1 25 outlaw, and there is a bright orange 20 outlaw.

If you're looking for a wake board boat, there are a lot of those around. There are a couple of Formulas, but nothing from what I would consider their performance line. They are more cruiser/runabout type boats.

If you want a bass boat, well you are in heaven! The only thing is that every dealer has the same stuff. There were more tracker boats than anything else. There must be 5 tracker displays with the bass boats and their Tahoe runabouts.

Of course there are the PWC dealers with all the new boring 4-stroke engine skis. I saw one Kawasaki stand-up.

It does surprise me the number of HUGE cruisers though. You'd almost think that it was one of the biggest market segments of Tulsa. It may be, but I find that hard to believe.

We would have liked to go the the OP show, but no time this year. I used to go to it every year when I lived there. It was always the best show around there.

doesnt surprise me about the cruisers. I think they out number every other style of boat on Grand. I think most of them are located in Duck Creek.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

I went to the show last night and the only enjoyable past was the Bud Light! Oh and also the Motorcoaches weren't bad.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motor home were nice. I talked to mac from grand lake boat sales and he said that he was not carrying eliminator or fountain any more. I guess the only go fast boats that are sold in oklahoma are bajas.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

yep it sucks for performance boats. i went monday night and got a nice buzz on.

Quick Reply: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.