Like Tree0Likes

Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Reply
Old 02-01-2006, 04:11 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
jayhawk261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
My Boats: 2000 Superboat 24 Step Bottom - Fresh 501
Posts: 1,729
Thumbs down Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

Now, for all you E-Dockers out there, is the Grand Lake boat show any better?
jayhawk261 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:43 PM
  #2
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bartlesville, OK
My Boats: 42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's
Posts: 967
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk261
We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

Now, for all you E-Dockers out there, is the Grand Lake boat show any better?
NO the Grand show is not any better! There is no longer any High Perf. dealers left on Grand, I dont go to the Tulsa show anymore unless I am REALLY BORED!!!
Mac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Broken Arrow/GLOC OK
My Boats: 2003 Crownline 270
Posts: 620
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

I agree. I am going more this year not to look at performance boats but wakeboard boats to drag the kids around.
FINMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: 1993 JS 550sx
Posts: 357
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk261
We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

Now, for all you E-Dockers out there, is the Grand Lake boat show any better?

Sounds like a waste of time. Maybe I should cancel my trip for tonight...
NickOTeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:03 PM
  #5
Registered
 
tlark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lee'sSummit/6mmLOTO
My Boats: Formula 330SS
Posts: 63
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Try the OP boat show in KC next year if you don't mind the drive. Could be better IMO but ok. Donzi, the new 40' Baja with others in there line up, Fountain, Envison, tons of Formula's and a few others. I though more would show, but I'm a newby what do I know......
tlark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:51 PM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
jayhawk261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
My Boats: 2000 Superboat 24 Step Bottom - Fresh 501
Posts: 1,729
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOTeen
Sounds like a waste of time. Maybe I should cancel my trip for tonight...
I guess it depends on what you want to look at. If you're looking for performance boats, it will be a wasted trip. 1 35 outlaw, 1 25 outlaw, and there is a bright orange 20 outlaw.

If you're looking for a wake board boat, there are a lot of those around. There are a couple of Formulas, but nothing from what I would consider their performance line. They are more cruiser/runabout type boats.

If you want a bass boat, well you are in heaven! The only thing is that every dealer has the same stuff. There were more tracker boats than anything else. There must be 5 tracker displays with the bass boats and their Tahoe runabouts.

Of course there are the PWC dealers with all the new boring 4-stroke engine skis. I saw one Kawasaki stand-up.

It does surprise me the number of HUGE cruisers though. You'd almost think that it was one of the biggest market segments of Tulsa. It may be, but I find that hard to believe.

We would have liked to go the the OP show, but no time this year. I used to go to it every year when I lived there. It was always the best show around there.
jayhawk261 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:58 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Broken Arrow/GLOC OK
My Boats: 2003 Crownline 270
Posts: 620
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I guess it depends on what you want to look at. If you're looking for performance boats, it will be a wasted trip. 1 35 outlaw, 1 25 outlaw, and there is a bright orange 20 outlaw.

If you're looking for a wake board boat, there are a lot of those around. There are a couple of Formulas, but nothing from what I would consider their performance line. They are more cruiser/runabout type boats.

If you want a bass boat, well you are in heaven! The only thing is that every dealer has the same stuff. There were more tracker boats than anything else. There must be 5 tracker displays with the bass boats and their Tahoe runabouts.

Of course there are the PWC dealers with all the new boring 4-stroke engine skis. I saw one Kawasaki stand-up.

It does surprise me the number of HUGE cruisers though. You'd almost think that it was one of the biggest market segments of Tulsa. It may be, but I find that hard to believe.

We would have liked to go the the OP show, but no time this year. I used to go to it every year when I lived there. It was always the best show around there.

doesnt surprise me about the cruisers. I think they out number every other style of boat on Grand. I think most of them are located in Duck Creek.
FINMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:58 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Spine Tingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: Smith Power 44MTI
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

I went to the show last night and the only enjoyable past was the Bud Light! Oh and also the Motorcoaches weren't bad.
Spine Tingler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
  #9
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

The motor home were nice. I talked to mac from grand lake boat sales and he said that he was not carrying eliminator or fountain any more. I guess the only go fast boats that are sold in oklahoma are bajas.
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 PM
  #10
Registered
 
eyezlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Broken Arrow/Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: SOLD!
Posts: 1,797
Default Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

yep it sucks for performance boats. i went monday night and got a nice buzz on.
eyezlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
WARPARTY36
General Boating Discussion
63
01-29-2009 09:32 PM
JasonSmith
Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
18
01-25-2008 03:19 PM
gsmith9898
Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
22
02-01-2007 01:13 PM
Prater
General Boating Discussion
10
01-18-2006 09:51 PM
Cattitude
General Boating Discussion
11
02-05-2002 11:55 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.