Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121866-non-stepp-naturally-aspirated.html)

375stinger 02-05-2006 06:29 PM

Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

and i meant to imply old boats were better...i said they were an entirely different boat, for an entirely different purpose

Jupiter Sunsation 02-05-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Antiques??, museums??, old school.....????

Once again, the thread started out talking about BIG WATER.

Now, I don't doubt you that a 42 Poker Run Fountain with 525's can do 98 MPH.

And I don't question your statement that the red Amsoil Scarab is the oldest boat on the circuit.

But I ask....where is the connection with BIG WATER??

Are you saying that the Fountain can run 98 MPH from Miami to Nassau and back?

Or are you saying that the "Circuit" of today has so much "BIG WATER", that the point is moot??

I drove LS's boat a couple of weeks ago from Boca Raton to Miami at 90 MPH, so I know what the modern type of boat is capable of.

Since everyone goes to Key West in November, maybe you have a Poker Run boat that you would like to run against some old antique....let's say from Miami to Nassau to Key West? Nice little run over some open ocean, shouldn't be a problem at all. There might even be a chance you could catch a flat water day in November.

It would certainly go a long way on shutting up all the old school relics.

If you are running to Nassau you better renew your Sea Tow membership! I would rather make the run in something newer with modern technology. Old Boats were cool but the reason they aren't around anymore it because better stuff is out there. I think a 47 Apache is like a Ferrari Daytona, absolutely beautiful but you don't want to drive it everyday. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but when going into your big water scenario I think a 46 Rough Rider, 47 GTX, 47 Fountain will be just as capable. I am not slamming the old boats but not agreeing that they are superior either. Just my $.02's

Xtreme Air 02-05-2006 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Non-Step 84 Flat deck Mistress

Byrdman 02-05-2006 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I still run Daddy Cool off the Atlantic city coastline....murdering everything.......my question...year after year....where is everybody?? this boat runs an average of 75 to 85 mph in waves like this still to this day....I have yet to be beaten by a modern day boat like you say....with power or without....i think they are to light in the big stuff!!!...When I first joined this site this was one of my first arguments with jc about fountains....the peeps are not out there running the BIG stuff!!!!

375stinger 02-05-2006 06:41 PM

u didnt respond to me?? :D dude cmon, just give up already....i know im 13, but cmon you think what you want, but are never going to convince any of us....especially when the thread is about old school boats..in case you didnt notice...NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THESE BOATS. this thread is about old school boats and not about new boats. and btw...why does urpost count keep going down....????erasing posts i gues?? taking back some stuff you said??dont think im joe dirt from kentucky anymore? please man just give up and go :drink:

Jupiter Sunsation 02-05-2006 06:46 PM

Top Banana,

Museums was definitely the wrong place, you had it right:

Old race boats are usually retired to storage sheds or stripped of their engines and drives and left as bare hulls and decks in the corner of boat yards. Today's fans are left with little more than grainy black and white photos or video clips from races held 20 plus years ago.

The whole reason I started in this thread was to dispel the rumor that a Stepped Hull was originated by Steve Stepp (Velocity Powerboats). I think your idea to save the old race boats is commendable and will educate the next generation of enthusiasts on where their industry came from.
I do like the old boats but think you need to consider the new ones as comparable.

DirtyMoney 02-05-2006 06:47 PM

Like I have said before, you ever have a Kilo boat or an offshore boat built for rough water not both. If interested I can build a true straight bottom 41 with heritage that is both respected and cotroversial.

Byrdman 02-05-2006 06:49 PM

I agree.....but......where are all the boats at putting the hammer down???....It does not matter......when your all tapped out and a 46 skater goes by you about 80 mph faster....ahhh...thats when I knew i was done :eek:

OldSchool 02-05-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
I think they are just puke bottles for 6s. :D

:eureka:

Looks like somebody just got "Juked" :rolleyes:

Jupiter Sunsation 02-05-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 375stinger
u didnt respond to me?? :D dude cmon, just give up already....i know im 13, but cmon you think what you want, but are never going to convince any of us....especially when the thread is about old school boats..in case you didnt notice...NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THESE BOATS. this thread is about old school boats and not about new boats. and btw...why does urpost count keep going down....????erasing posts i gues?? taking back some stuff you said??dont think im joe dirt from kentucky anymore? please man just give up and go :drink:

Your brillance shines thru once again. Something must be wrong with your premium website since my posts have been stuck at 101 for a while now (yours is stuck on 901). I have never deleted a post because I stand by what I say. There are others that see it the way I do just as some see your point. Get back to Walmart for some more primer for the Chevelle Joe Dirt, that bondo is almost dry!

Get used to the fact other people's opinions are allowed on this forum. I started in this thread to dispel the rumor that Steve Stepp invented the stepped hull.