Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123396-heading-biloxi-karina-relief.html)

Bob280Silencer 03-07-2006 05:56 PM

Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

You have to see it to believe it.Pics just don't do it justice.Thanks for helping out,dyno.As you already know,it is appreciated.BOB

JLAY 03-07-2006 06:21 PM

Ill put it this way. Try making a claim with your insurance company but instead of one claim you have at least four claims. Two for flood two for homeowners and you cant have the same adjuster for all of them. Make times to meet them andm they dont show up. Finally go to your house and they tell you exactly what you want to hear. You actually think you are going to get enough money to rebuild your house. Then when you finally get a check two months later it is one-quarter of the amount that they told you. For labor prices two montths before the storm i had my roof changed for 5600 i just got a price of 13000 for the same thing.

fund razor 03-07-2006 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dyno
I was right in Biloxi with some of the poorest people on the planet but I'll tell you one thing They are the salt of the earth some of the hardest working kindest people I've ever met.

I'm as white bread as they come but by the time I left I didn't see color anymore just a group of good people in a bind that could use some help.

I'm hoping that I can get back there next winter and bring my family with me.

I had to come back to this post because it's one of the coolest posts that I have ever read on OSO. Through Don's experience we once again see that when someone sets off to help another person, perhaps that they don't even know... in the end the giver gets as much or more than he gives.
It's empowering. It leads to more good.

In those three sentences you can see it. Rare to find one sentence where you can see it.... but here is three.

Chances are that Don will continue to do this kind of thing for the rest of his life and continue to be rewarded for it in a variety of ways. Personally... I like Don and I think he had it coming.

Karma lotto. You can't win if you don't play. :D

dyno 03-08-2006 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Razor, I just hope that other people wil pitch in for the better good of The gulf coast its a beautiful place and everyone needs a hand now and then. If the world ever turns on end and Lake Michigan eats my house I hope some of you folks will help me too. The family that I helped out told me that if I ever need anything they will be there for me and I'm betting they will.

HotPursuit 03-08-2006 10:02 PM

Thats what makes this country the greatest place on earth.We
have our differences but when disaster's happen most people
will pull together for the good of all.Sounds like you have been
blessed already Dyno.Thanks for your kindness and open mind!! Try to make the Tic Faw 200 or Royal Purple Poker Run
and we will show you a great time. Your OSO Brother