Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Houston, TX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124715-houston-tx.html)

tomtbone1993 03-13-2006 10:29 AM

Re: Houston, TX

Houston.....AKA Gods Country :cool: :cool:

I live on the North side of H-Town....all good :cool:

Wobble 03-13-2006 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Houston.....AKA Gods Country :cool: :cool:

I live on the North side of H-Town....all good :cool:

He forgot to mention that he can get you a deal on a Land Rover :drink:

Dueclaws 03-13-2006 11:37 AM

I agree with Curtis and the others. My wife and I were born and raised here and always returned after living in other areas (career transfers). We live in the Clear Lake area and love it; Houston is close so we go there for plays, restaurants, etc. regularly.

Yes it gets hot, but we prefer that to being cold and we grow Papaya, Lemon, Lime, and Mango in our yard.

NASCAR and Indy racing is also close at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth via Southwest Airlines.
Due

tomtbone1993 03-13-2006 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble
He forgot to mention that he can get you a deal on a Land Rover :drink:

yes you can www.landroverhouston.net

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

RedDog382 03-13-2006 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble
What part of Houston is your job opportunity in?

My former boss from Toledo has the contract to provide physician services in four ED's with the St. Luke's Hospital system. Includes minor care ED's on San Felipe, Holcombe, and in Woodlands area. Adding two new centers, one in Pearland in November.

His docs are making 2 to 2 1/2 times what I am making (in $$ per hour) here in the midwest.

Are there any of the upscale year-round RV parks in the area for say a 40 ft diesel pusher?

Or would a sportfish in a marina somewhere be more fun?

RedDog382 03-13-2006 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
NASCAR and Indy racing is also close at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth via Southwest Airlines.
Due

This is GREAT! I have worked @ Michigan Speedway for 10 years. Maybe that would get me in the door ... ?

RedDog382 03-13-2006 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bglz42
The best looking women you'll ever see, also! Cannot beat Texas ladies! :D

So I have heard! May be the best reason to relocate!

Tired of the snobs in the midwest.

tomtbone1993 03-13-2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
My former boss from Toledo has the contract to provide physician services in four ED's with the St. Luke's Hospital system. Includes minor care ED's on San Felipe, Holcombe, and in Woodlands area. Adding two new centers, one in Pearland in November.

His docs are making 2 to 2 1/2 times what I am making (in $$ per hour) here in the midwest.

Are there any of the upscale year-round RV parks in the area for say a 40 ft diesel pusher?

nice RV parks on Lake Conroe :cool: :cool:

bglz42 03-13-2006 02:03 PM

I know several guys who live on boats in marinas on Clear Lake. If I were single, that's where I'd be. Slip rental in Clear Lake is among the lowest in the country, and the access to clubs/restaurants is unbeatable.

Wobble 03-13-2006 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382

I havnt been on the property but it is one of many in the area http://www.marinabayrvresort.com/