Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ocean express (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12517-ocean-express.html)

Scott 12-01-2001 12:29 PM

Any of you guys remember the 39 Ocean express called "No Step" it had trips? This thing was owned buy a guy in Sandusky that got into financial trouble and had to bail. Last I heard he sold it to someone in Lauderdale about five or six years ago just wondering if it has cycled back around?

glassdave 12-01-2001 12:46 PM

yea scott ,i saw that boat on a poker run at fridays on the ceder point causway. i got a pic of it on my tool box.it is a 48 though.triple 1100 g&c's if i remember correctly(been a while).center motor had a crash box an he said it ran 115 with that motor off and the drive up, when he saw jaws (local fast boat)he'd fire it up ,drop the drive in and wave as he passed him. sweet boat :cool: :cool: :cool:

Scott 12-01-2001 01:04 PM

Dave,
The guy that owned the boat (can't think of his name of the top of my head)is quite strange. He would come up with some off the wall stuff. I am very familiar with "Jaws" he didn't stand a chance against it.I was there the day the boat got pulled at Cedar Point and it had a nice crack in the hull :eek: I also remember the center motor being a issue like it was blown or made the boat slower (can't remember) you are correct it did have a crash box he never started it till he was leaving the channel out of the marina at Kelly's

Come up with any ideas? Does it stand a chance for a new look? :) Scott

SlickNick 12-02-2001 12:58 AM

HEY TIZBAD4, CHECK YOUR FUEL TANKS FOR CRACKS OR LEAKS,OUR 39 CATS ARE KNOWN FOR BAD TANKS. THERE IS NO DRAINAGE FOR ANYTHING THAT GETS DOWN THERE....WE HAD MY 39 OUT FULL OF FUEL AND THE TANKS CRACKED ALONG THE BOTTOM AND WE HAD FUEL EVERYWHERE....NOT A GOOD THING, TAKE MY ADVICE AND CHECK THEM NOW....I HAVE 1000'S AND ARENSONS AND IT RUNS IN THE 120'S...ANY HELP OR QUESTION LET ME KNOW. :D

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: slick nick ]

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:02 AM

OH BY THE WAY WE ARE MAKEING A ONE PIECE HATCH ACROSS THE BACK...AND ELIMANATEING THE CENTER PIECE BETWEEN THE ENGINES :eek: :eek:

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:03 AM

SO CAN WE MAKE IT TO 4 PAGES?

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:04 AM

:eek: :eek:

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:05 AM

P.S. DONT STOP AT THE MARYLAND WEIGHT STOP ON A FRIDAY AFTER 12 NOON!!!! :mad: :mad:

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:07 AM

THEY DONT LIKE WIDE LOADS, AND THE DONT LIKE DONATIONS, THEY THINK THAT IS A IS A PRIBE!!! AND WILL PUT YOU IN JAIL(OR AT LEAST TRY TO) :mad: :mad:

SlickNick 12-02-2001 01:09 AM

DO ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE ROCKER PLATES ON YOUR CATS? I DO AND LIKE EM!!! :D :D