Notices

ocean express

Old 11-17-2001, 10:36 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Post ocean express

I went to the ocean express factory yesterday, interseting place.Talked to the owner ,Ross Focht, he seemed like a pretty cool guy,lotsa stories from "back in the day".Anyway a friend of mine just bought a 39 express cat,1983-84 i think.The hull is in great shape , its got ssm#4's and he'll be pushin around 850/900 hp a side.Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on these boats or if theres anything to look for, also wondered about there new boats and how are .Thanks all.
Old 11-17-2001, 11:24 AM
packinair

Oh yea?

Old 11-17-2001, 12:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Yea catman ,i wish.Mostly we just hung out and swaped boat stories,i love that kinda stuff.He had a couple of 48's that he was rigging, that is one sweet MONSTER of a boat.I was lookin at the deck and think'n the only thing miss'n is a couple of basketball hoops,i think they should start measuring them in acre's.He also was working on a 40+ prototype cat, should be pretty cool when its done,way radical like nothin i ever seen.I did a search for express on this site and boot came up a couple of times, hopefully he'll jump in here.And Ross also said the same about the arnesons working best.
Old 11-17-2001, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg must of made it back OK I take it phatkat and I also have 39`s the new 38 is going to be a very nice boat and fast. And the new 48 will be unreal, fixed surface drives optional diesel power it will be a nice package for poker runs.
Old 11-17-2001, 04:10 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Yea Sylvester Greg made it back OK.We took the boat off the trailer on thursday and put it on dollies.I'm sure he's over at the shop working on it now.I'm gear'n up to do some graphics on it. The cat i saw had fixed stern drives, it was very cool. Unique lines too.Not sure about supercat legal.He was also workin on a canopied poker runner that was neat, i believe that was the 38.
Old 11-17-2001, 05:15 PM
Registered

Glassdave, tell Greg he is now a member of the R.C.C.C. "real cool cat club".He will love that hull,and with his power he will be at the front of the pack.
Old 11-17-2001, 06:13 PM
Registered

Hi glassdave are you a fellow LEOPA`n I no phatkat,greg and I belong just wonderd if I no you.
Old 11-18-2001, 04:52 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ross is building his new 48, and is planning on equipping it with non-steerable Arneson's with a rudder in the center of the sponsons like they do in Europe.

I believe he will use a “Hurth” drop transmission connected into an in-line ASD8 drive unit.

If he allows the drives to trim up and down, the boat should perform well.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:46 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

sylvester- i'm not a member yet, i dont think my boat qualifies.it's only 23 foot long and i think the cut off is 24 foot.i do go on some of their porker runs and partys, stuff like that.usually im with either reno or jim runion.i do glass and graphics for some of the members,lance ,meads,runion, reno,and a few others.they bang'em up i make'em pretty again.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:04 PM
packinair

because Glassdave painted my boat I think it qualifies as a member of the RCCC

Quick Reply: ocean express

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.