Notices

ocean express

Old 11-18-2001, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey ,I'm here !!!
Sorry ,just got back from Florida and started reading posts . Tell your friend Congrats on that big ol beast of a machine he bought !
I got one and love it ! (After I got the air out of the steering !)
THat boat is real impressive for it's age and equipment ! As I stated in another post somewhere , I know of a couple 40'skaters of equal power that only have a couple mph on mine and my drives are not even trimable yet ! When you have a full house on board , room for 8 or 9 friends to sit comfrotably ,and room on that 12'wide deck to put that little 40' skater, what more do you need ?
I've got Arneson's on mine .Don't know how the Speedy's will do but I'm sure it will get you by just fine ! There are a lot of guys that like Speedymasters on cats and can probably give you some tips on set up !
Any quesions about the boat ,feel free to e-mail me direct . Joe
Old 11-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Registered

New power boat mag has artical on new 38 express cat on page 30.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:42 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Thanks Joe, Ross said the boat will be 5 to 10 mph slower with the speedy's but other wise fine. It originally had arnesons,and at some point got changed.How does your boat handle ruff water, not the big rollers but 5 to 6 foot choppy crap we get here in the great lakes.Also what kind of power and MPH you gettin ,if ya dont mind me askin.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:00 PM
Registered

I ran out Tuckerton inlet through some huge mixed up choppy rollers from a couple big yachts at about 80-90mph and almost didn't feel it !Shocked me too ! It was my first experience in big water with it . One guy on board was stricktly a fisherman and had to be forced into a ride with the other 7 of us ! When he saw those waves coming and the speed we were cruising at ,I thought he was going to jump out ! He was speechless for an hour after we went over the waves ! He finaly said (with a smile)"I can't beleive it ! It ate those wave up like they weren't there !" You will love the ride ! It is BIG and HEAVY ! Just what you need in the rough stuff !

I just got the boat this year and have little time on it .I have 2-1000's .I have been about 115 at around 4500rpm's .Lots more to go . I had engine problems right after that .I think with fresh motors and bigger props ,125+ . We will see this spring !
Old 11-19-2001, 11:21 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
this boat is early and has a lighter layup than later boats, that should help.Ross did say they eat up big water as long as you stay on it.Have you been to the factory?Man i cant wait for spring
Old 11-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey boot,have any pic's of your boat sounds like a hell of a ship.Did you get it out of Fla.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:00 PM
LEOPAJJM

hey Sylvester... which Greg got the 39'Express????

J.M.

Old 11-19-2001, 01:36 PM
Registered

Hi Jerry, Reno found one down in Fla.you still looking at O.L. nice boats but yours is very nice too. Or did you sell it.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:41 PM
Registered

There is a guy on the board that worked for ocean for many years named "viscious one" he can tell you anything you want to know about them. We'll see if he hops in here, he's a busy guy, without alot of time for chatting like us stuck behind a computer all day!
Old 11-19-2001, 02:26 PM
Registered

Advantage_ROB you must be talking about Sparkey know him well. He is doing his own thing now building boats in Detroit area last time I talk to him.

Quick Reply: ocean express

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.