Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127027-since-nobody-wanted-sell-me-boat-pick-my-new-boat-28zx-saga-continues.html)

Undertaker 04-10-2006 01:00 PM

Re: Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

28ZX's spin 23 pitch mirage props run 70-72 MPH with no problem... That's how they come from the factory.

Undertaker

kswest 04-10-2006 03:19 PM

Re: Since Nobody Wanted To Sell Me a Boat .. Pick My New Boat - 28ZX Saga Continues

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
KW,
I'll give you the guy in FWB, your Ph. # tomorrow, and you guys can talk about his Donzi, which is FLAWLESS. I've seen it and this guys is anal about all his toys. Looking forward to boating with you this season. :drink:
Dean

Great. I am going to drive the Blue one on Wed. morning.

Looking forward to getting together too ... :drink: :eek: I was jealous going over the causeways on Sat....so many boats out, so nice out.

kswest 04-10-2006 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE
350 MAGS are pretty mild motors (300 prop hp) So I'm guessing that they can go about 1000 hours or more before you have to think about digging into them. On a boat like that, you should spin 21" Laser props which would put you in the mid 60's on a good day. Some of my fellow Stingray owners have procharged theirs with great results. They are running 25" props usually on those and getting into the mid 70's.

You sure? Stock it (28ZX) runs low 70s, it should be well over that procharged...

berns29scarab 04-10-2006 05:00 PM

my scarab ran a consistent 70 mph

UNSANE 04-10-2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by kswest
You sure? Stock it (28ZX) runs low 70s, it should be well over that procharged...

I wasn't thinking about the stepped hull, that adds a few mph. If it spins 23" props, that should push it just over the 70 mark depending on prop slip and peak rpm. I have a 350 in my Stingray and it's reached 64 so far on GPS. The engine came with a 6 year warranty as well.

kswest 04-10-2006 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I wasn't thinking about the stepped hull, that adds a few mph. If it spins 23" props, that should push it just over the 70 mark depending on prop slip and peak rpm. I have a 350 in my Stingray and it's reached 64 so far on GPS. The engine came with a 6 year warranty as well.

Either way ... still fast enough to scare te $h!t out of me the first few times out :D :evilb: :eek:

Dean Ferry 04-11-2006 09:01 AM

Kyle,
Here you go. http://joemras.tripod.com

Let me know if you have any questions about this boat, this is my last week up here in Ft. Walton Beach, so I can look @ something if you need me to.
Dean

kswest 04-12-2006 02:39 PM

I bought the blue one. I'll post some pics once I actually have it. Tenatively 4/22.

Thanks everyone.
Kyle

onesickpantera 04-12-2006 02:58 PM

Laser props on a 28' boat? :confused:

I'd say 23 Mirages will get you upper 60's and 25s will get you low 70s.

onesickpantera 04-12-2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by kswest
I bought the blue one. I'll post some pics once I actually have it. Tenatively 4/22.

Thanks everyone.
Kyle

Cool, congats! :D