Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CC Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128395-cc-owners.html)

Shanghied Again 04-25-2006 08:03 AM

Re: CC Owners

Fast Fun: We sell a lot of 36 Concepts, they are an awesome boat most guys that are into Performance boats love them, They handle rough water well and Concept does a fantastic job on there fit and finish. You are in NY give me a call, I am your local dealership for Concept.
Frank Civitano
732-477-6157

FeverMike 04-25-2006 11:00 AM

Owned a 2003 36 Concept and now own a 2006 38TE Fountain. What do you want to know?

There are a lot of choices out there with these style of boats so make sure you personally go look at them and climb all over them.

BAJA WILL 04-25-2006 11:03 AM

We looked at CC for the past 2 years, finally purchased a 2001 27 Concept, and love it, probably the fastest, best looking CC out there. Only complaint is everyone knows it and their prices have been going up?? But I would say still well worth the money

WILL

Pantera24 04-25-2006 11:05 AM

Fevermike

Based on your experience what are significant areas that should be looked at?

Stormrider 04-25-2006 12:14 PM

OK... I'll throw in Renegade. Real nice boat at a reasonable price.
No dealer network, factory direct only.

TopSpin80 04-25-2006 01:13 PM

there is a concept at www.americanyachtsales.com

FeverMike 04-25-2006 03:10 PM

Pantera, I am heading out the door and will reply longer but for one thing a CC should be self bailing...no if's and's or but's about it.
things to ask the dealer or manufacture:
1- was the powder coating done before the drilling
2- how is the hull and deck joined at all places
3- check out the stringer thickness
4- check out the rigging...do not just look at the pretty custom wires but really look at how things are mounted such as pumps and other accessories
5- go find used versions of the boat you think you are going to buy. This will tell you how they really truely hold up.
6- ask past owners of the boat you are interested in there true feeling of the dealer, manufacture and how the boat really holds up.
More later.....

Eric Froberg 04-25-2006 05:10 PM

Check out McKee Craft, built in the Carolina's. A really nice boat.

crb76 04-25-2006 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I research CC for a year. I looked at Fountain, Concept, Donzi. Ride and speed were important to me since I live in Texas and I have to go a long way to fish. I also do some poker runs with it too. I settled on a Glasstream 328 SCX. I first saw the boat in Miami in 04 and demo 05. The boat is 32’8 9 foot beam. Double stepped hull. I am running a pair of Mercury 275 Verados. The boat will cruise at 48 @4000 and top end of 72 mph (GPS) with a pair of 26 labbed bravos or 25 labbed Rev 4’s. The best part is that the boat gets about 2.3-2.5 MPG at 4000. Glasstream is located in Panama City, FL. They build about 30 boats a year. They have a pretty good dealer network on the East Coast.

I have attached a picture of my boat for reference. It was the in the water boat at the 06 Miami Boat show. Glasstream is also introducing a 36 this year with a 10’6 beam and triples. If you are interested in a slightly used one, I may even be interested in selling this one. I am about to start building a 37 AVH Active Thunder and the wife is on my AZZ for having two boats given today’s gas prices.

crb76 04-25-2006 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another. It wouldn't let me upload both on the same post.