Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CC Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128395-cc-owners.html)

TeamSaris 04-24-2006 07:27 PM

CC Owners

If you own a cc please speak up!! Looking into a cc and want to know some info on modles and etc...

Pantera24 04-24-2006 07:48 PM

Re: CC Owners

What are you looking for ? Fishing or Performance ?
What size?

bojoe2 04-24-2006 07:49 PM

36 concept awsome boat go to the concept forum and ck it out

TeamSaris 04-24-2006 08:00 PM

Performance my bud just got a concept he likes it

Pantera24 04-24-2006 09:21 PM

Well I can tell you this much Concept builds a VERY nice boat. So nice that I will be going to the factory later this week.....hmm

rush 04-25-2006 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is mine I love it!,38ft te with 3 225 mercs

Spicy 04-25-2006 05:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of mine...2001 33/36 Concept

Good all around boat, well built and rides great.... :D :D

bojoe2 04-25-2006 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera24
Well I can tell you this much Concept builds a VERY nice boat. So nice that I will be going to the factory later this week.....hmm

Tell Luis Joe from NJ says hello awsome boat

bojoe2 04-25-2006 06:19 AM

here is my concept pic is to big go to concept thred

Pantera24 04-25-2006 07:59 AM

bojoe2

if you want email me the pic to [email protected] and I will resize and post it for you.

Angel

Shanghied Again 04-25-2006 08:03 AM

Fast Fun: We sell a lot of 36 Concepts, they are an awesome boat most guys that are into Performance boats love them, They handle rough water well and Concept does a fantastic job on there fit and finish. You are in NY give me a call, I am your local dealership for Concept.
Frank Civitano
732-477-6157

FeverMike 04-25-2006 11:00 AM

Owned a 2003 36 Concept and now own a 2006 38TE Fountain. What do you want to know?

There are a lot of choices out there with these style of boats so make sure you personally go look at them and climb all over them.

BAJA WILL 04-25-2006 11:03 AM

We looked at CC for the past 2 years, finally purchased a 2001 27 Concept, and love it, probably the fastest, best looking CC out there. Only complaint is everyone knows it and their prices have been going up?? But I would say still well worth the money

WILL

Pantera24 04-25-2006 11:05 AM

Fevermike

Based on your experience what are significant areas that should be looked at?

Stormrider 04-25-2006 12:14 PM

OK... I'll throw in Renegade. Real nice boat at a reasonable price.
No dealer network, factory direct only.

TopSpin80 04-25-2006 01:13 PM

there is a concept at www.americanyachtsales.com

FeverMike 04-25-2006 03:10 PM

Pantera, I am heading out the door and will reply longer but for one thing a CC should be self bailing...no if's and's or but's about it.
things to ask the dealer or manufacture:
1- was the powder coating done before the drilling
2- how is the hull and deck joined at all places
3- check out the stringer thickness
4- check out the rigging...do not just look at the pretty custom wires but really look at how things are mounted such as pumps and other accessories
5- go find used versions of the boat you think you are going to buy. This will tell you how they really truely hold up.
6- ask past owners of the boat you are interested in there true feeling of the dealer, manufacture and how the boat really holds up.
More later.....

Eric Froberg 04-25-2006 05:10 PM

Check out McKee Craft, built in the Carolina's. A really nice boat.

crb76 04-25-2006 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I research CC for a year. I looked at Fountain, Concept, Donzi. Ride and speed were important to me since I live in Texas and I have to go a long way to fish. I also do some poker runs with it too. I settled on a Glasstream 328 SCX. I first saw the boat in Miami in 04 and demo 05. The boat is 32’8 9 foot beam. Double stepped hull. I am running a pair of Mercury 275 Verados. The boat will cruise at 48 @4000 and top end of 72 mph (GPS) with a pair of 26 labbed bravos or 25 labbed Rev 4’s. The best part is that the boat gets about 2.3-2.5 MPG at 4000. Glasstream is located in Panama City, FL. They build about 30 boats a year. They have a pretty good dealer network on the East Coast.

I have attached a picture of my boat for reference. It was the in the water boat at the 06 Miami Boat show. Glasstream is also introducing a 36 this year with a 10’6 beam and triples. If you are interested in a slightly used one, I may even be interested in selling this one. I am about to start building a 37 AVH Active Thunder and the wife is on my AZZ for having two boats given today’s gas prices.

crb76 04-25-2006 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another. It wouldn't let me upload both on the same post.

TeamSaris 04-25-2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
OK... I'll throw in Renegade. Real nice boat at a reasonable price.
No dealer network, factory direct only.

the people from renegrade were jerks to us

TeamSaris 04-25-2006 07:50 PM

thanks for all the replys guys!!! The spectres are nice too.

Johno 04-25-2006 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
the people from renegrade were jerks to us

Had an extremely positive experience with Renegade. Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, they always treat me like family.

FeverMike 04-25-2006 10:16 PM

Spectre is building a super nice CC. Also check out the 33/36 Ocean Hawk...awesome build quality.

Too ad on to my last post:
from owning CC and my personal experiance I would really check out some of the sportier CC boat weights. Some of the brands are super light and although have some length they tend to get airborn very easy and do not do well in quarting seas.
Also try to do a demo ride on some of the narrow beam 8' beam CC's. From my experiance these boats really rock back and forth at rest and also do not do well in quartering seas.
Also some of the 8' beam CC's will really get you wet, especially the backseat passagers and engines because the waves you are cutting through will wrap aroundand right over the gunwale soaking everything...this is also a reason for a boat built as a self draining boat.

Again...for a CC get a self draining boat...not one that drains everyhting from the deck to the bildge.

bojoe2 04-25-2006 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Pantera, I am heading out the door and will reply longer but for one thing a CC should be self bailing...no if's and's or but's about it.
things to ask the dealer or manufacture:
1- was the powder coating done before the drilling
2- how is the hull and deck joined at all places
3- check out the stringer thickness
4- check out the rigging...do not just look at the pretty custom wires but really look at how things are mounted such as pumps and other accessories
5- go find used versions of the boat you think you are going to buy. This will tell you how they really truely hold up.
6- ask past owners of the boat you are interested in there true feeling of the dealer, manufacture and how the boat really holds up.
More later.....

I AGREE WITH ALL YOU JUST SAID AND THAT IS PRETTY MUCH HOW I WENT ABOUT DECIDING ON A CONCEPT AND 2 TRIPS TO THE FACTORY CLOSED THE DEAL.

bojoe2 04-25-2006 11:21 PM

here is pics of my boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120451

RLW 04-26-2006 03:53 AM

I have a feeling That Fever Mike was not happy with his Concept.
I have to admit, I am not a big fan of the Tie Wrap/clamp device versus a nice Stainless Steel Adel cushion clamp.
I see Concept using the Tie Wrap style clamp.

Check out Solid Powerboats.
http://solidpowerboats.com/

27 Fountain,
What power are you running and what speeds are you getting?

BAJA WILL 04-26-2006 07:38 AM

We are running a 2001 250efi merc, we are toying witht he prop right now but since the boat is in FL and i am in VA its going to be a few weeks until I can give you real numbers. I expect to be in 55-60mph area

WILL :drink:

crb76 04-26-2006 07:32 PM

FeverMike is correct. Only buy self bailing hulls and good weight and distribution. That is why I looked around for a year and demoed everything. In my case the Glasstream met all expectations (ride, 9 foot beam, 7500 lbs dry weight, hull design, speed, fuel efficiency, and small cuty cabin). I liked the concept second due to the finishes but had some rattling issues, speed is week with twins due to standard V, and the 36 is really a 33, the beam was less too. Marke sure you take them in some decent water to shake them down before buying.

florida gator 04-26-2006 08:45 PM

I've seen teh Glasstream here. It looks great. I was actually looking for a CC without self bailing. I have fished the self bailing and personally have no problem with them but when you're rocking, water comes in. I can see my wife *****ing about that.

FeverMike 04-27-2006 12:43 AM

Gator, a good self bailing boat will not draw water into it plus it will have channels in the deck so that water runs in those channels and the deck stays dry.

RLW, I did not have any problems with the plastic zip ties or wire /clamps mounts with my Concept. Concept does an awesome wiring job but it would be a nice touch if they did use stainless wire clamps. I actually liked my Concept but hated the local dealer more than you could ever believe.

The only problems (not dealer created) I had after owning the boat for a while was the powder coating on the arch and rails starting to bubble upvery bad , I started to get lots of creaks and rattles, the paint on the hull sides was chipping off in round circles about the size of a dime or less especially after a hard run in big water (possibly due to flex and bad paint prep?) and since the boat is narrow in beam (8') it was a very very wet boat in big seas. It also rocked back and forth a lot due to the narrow beam and top heavy arch while sitting still and fishing. Also I keep my boat outside on a lift behind my house and since the Concept is NOT self bailing...every time it rained the bilge pump would run and run. I went through a lot of battery's and bildge pumps! Big open boats should be self bailing!

Concept builds a great boat though and I still recomend them as no boat is perfect. I never had one stress crack! If you are looking for a sharp boat that rides in the chop of a bay well or lake then you should look at the Concept.

BigMike 04-27-2006 06:20 AM

I can echo FeverMikes comments on the back seat of the Concept being the wettest seat in the house (I am pretty sure this is the case with most narrow beam center consoles without any bow flare). Everytime we went out in the rough, I came home soaked head to toe. The 38TE Fountain is a different story. The only time I have ever gotten wet in it was when we came down wrong off of about an 8' surprise roller coming back in from a bad day fishing. The wind was blowing about 40 MPH and everybody got the opportunity to experience a wall of salt water. This was in February and the water was about 60 degrees. Made for a long, cold trip home.

Also, Concept does not provide a tie-off cleat in the anchor locker. This is a ridiculous oversight and cost us $150 in ground tackle.

Mike

FeverMike 04-27-2006 08:18 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the tie off cleat in the anchor locker! That was a bad day huh? What a true pisser! :mad: I forgot to tell Big Mike that the anchor line was not fixed to the boat and this was around the 1st time we were out in the Concept, so BigMike was letting out line and...zip...the end of the line went right through his hands. Everything was lost! So, we went out and bought a new anchor , chain and line and some marine hardware and fixed the end of the line to the inside cleat. We actually tried to troll for the line and anchor hoping to snag it! The other fishing boats out there were looking at us like we were nuts! :rolleyes:

To be fair though the 36 Concept and the 38 Fountain and for that matter other 36-38's like Contender, SeVee, Jupiter, Venture, Yellowfin and so forth can not be compared directly. These boats are much bigger and stout and almost a totally different boat. The Concept is very narrow and extremely light in weight compared other other 33-38' foot CC boats.

crb76 04-27-2006 11:16 PM

I don’t get water in the Glasstream unless I stop super fast. Then it will come in a bit. No more than a little. Then it will go back out and it stays dry. I also have plugs to put in the holes in case I want no water transfer at all. Self bailing hulls are the only way to go. I will promise you that. I can hose it out all day long and it keeps clean, not to mention how it performs in a rain storm  Check out Glasstream when you evaluate, they are up and comming. At the Hot Boat rally during the Miami Boat show, the editor told me and the owner of Glasstream that the boat was the best "performance" center console pound for pound, dollar for dollar, power for power the had ever tested.

FeverMike 04-28-2006 12:04 AM

Hey Big Mike, care to elaborate on why your Lisa likes a self bailing hull? :evilb: :drink:

Poorsche 04-28-2006 05:23 AM

Check out the Maralogo--well done/great price...http://www.marlagousa.com/

FeverMike 04-29-2006 05:28 PM

I looked at Marlago's one time and they were very nicely finished. They are an excellent size boat too. I did not get to ride in one but on other websites that are moreinto CC and fish type of boats I have never read anything negitive.
Keep us posted on what boats you like, ride on and ultimatly purchase...have fun!

RLW 04-29-2006 10:16 PM

Are there any forums geared for the CC style boats?

FeverMike 04-29-2006 10:29 PM

RLW, check out thehulltruth.com also the Florida Sportsman's Boating site and of course anglersonly.com.

33ApacheCC 04-30-2006 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Poorsche
Check out the Maralogo--well done/great price...http://www.marlagousa.com/

Yes, the Marlago's look very nice, but their max hull rating is only 500hp, which seems low to me for such a large boat. They're basically saying it's a twin engine boat, period. But for a boat that big, triples may be necessary or desired by some.

Midnight Express says their max hull rating is 900hp but often exceed it when they put quad 250's or 300's on the back as I've seen them do before. Anyone know what the formula is for obtaining a hull's hp rating, or know what issues would arise (insurance or otherwise) if you surpass a manufacturers advertised max hull rating? 900hp seems to be the max any of the builders are posting for their hulls at this time.

thanks...great thread by the way....let's keep it active. CC owners are a growing group....