Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Call me an idiot! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129199-call-me-idiot.html)

jhiguy377 05-04-2006 11:09 AM

Re: Call me an idiot!

probably not as stupid/dangerous as me putting one of my batteries in backwards last year- yup -even forced the cable end over the wrong size post;
lot of smoke an melted wire :eek:

Dave98 05-04-2006 12:13 PM

Nor as dumb as me changing an AC outlet with the power on right next to the furnance that makes really, really, good ground. Ouch!

Tricky919 05-04-2006 12:56 PM

Here's another dumb one for ya. Last year my buddies boat was on the trailer and he had it up by the hitch with the fork lift. He was lowering it down on a block with me guiding him down, when i saw some rocks on the block and tried to swipe them off. Yep, lowered the bost right down on my fingers. I quickly told him to raise it back up, but the damage was done....crush, smashed fingers and a few lost fingernails on that one.......Now thats not being and idiot, thats right up to jackass......

Strip Poker 388 05-04-2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
Here's another dumb one for ya. Last year my buddies boat was on the trailer and he had it up by the hitch with the fork lift. He was lowering it down on a block with me guiding him down, when i saw some rocks on the block and tried to swipe them off. Yep, lowered the bost right down on my fingers. I quickly told him to raise it back up, but the damage was done....crush, smashed fingers and a few lost fingernails on that one.......Now thats not being and idiot, thats right up to jackass......

ouch, :eek:

Strip Poker 388 05-04-2006 01:06 PM

I learned not to let the girlfriend or my buddys have control over the lever that says port or starboard .Mine Hustler has a lever that selects which motor you want to flush.

Thats 2 impeller kits :(

I dont let them help anymore :rolleyes:

Rob

orss 05-04-2006 01:59 PM

we all make mistakes, you have 50/50 there so you chose the wrong side , that not make and idiot, just a simple mistake that can be solve with money, and if you can solve some problem with money is not a big deal, idiot will be someone that get in a boat drink and hurt someone, raul

US1 Fountain 05-04-2006 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
ready? here goes, idiot :evilb: i labeled mine...im putting the run dry kpms on mine right now. hint

labels wouldn't have helped. The hose adapters are on the sides of the engine compartment right next ot each motor.
The problem was, I hooked the hose to the motor on my left, then I proceded to turn around, to the dash and start the motor on the left. Left is left, right? :drink:

Just knew the was a reason for having an extra impellor kit around. Kinda thought I would need it while on the lake, not in my garage. :eek:

BOB ONEIL 05-05-2006 07:58 AM

Hey Jerry,

Just don't forget your DRAIN PLUG once you get to the lake. Never known that to happen to anyone?

Bob

UNSANE 05-05-2006 09:16 AM

The name is DUMASS!!!! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

BLAZE 05-05-2006 09:44 AM

u r the