Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If you had to do it again buy new or used?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131484-if-you-had-do-again-buy-new-used.html)

SHAGNASTY 06-01-2006 10:38 PM

Re: If you had to do it again buy new or used??

If I had to do it again I would not a boat!
:D

B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

racesdad 06-01-2006 11:01 PM

preowned like my 36skater 525 123 mph and as good as new

Jupiter Sunsation 06-02-2006 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by f311fr1
A good way to buy new is to buy a 1-2 year old left over. They are around but you have to search. You can usually find a Formula or Donzi left over.

This is exactly what I did! Buy from a dealer with snow on the lot and the price will definitely improve.

IMO- BUY USED YOU'VE BEEN USED!

Dueclaws 06-02-2006 07:57 AM

Pre-owned. I like them rare and exotic!

Boats and women! :evilb:

Outkast Rafe 06-02-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This is exactly what I did! Buy from a dealer with snow on the lot and the price will definitely improve.

haha snow on the lot

thanks for the advice everyone

bmanafort 06-03-2006 07:57 AM

I have bought my last 4 fountains new 35, 42, 29 sport fish, and a 29. Couldnt make sense of the money I was blowing everytime I got a different boat. Just picked up my first used boat, a 2000 30' mystique with twin 500efi's and a myco trailer with 97 hours on it for a TON cheaper than a new one. Beautiful boat that ran well and a beautiful boat that looks great behind my truck.

articfriends 06-03-2006 08:29 AM

I bough my current boat new,never again. I ended up modifying it anyways because it was so slow and as far as warranty,mercs warranty was weak and useless,Smitty

Comanche3Six 06-03-2006 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Pre-owned. I bought a new boat in 1998....NEVER will I pay for a new boat when you can save $10's of thousands on a clean, low hour pre-owned boat.

Ditto

Pantera1 06-03-2006 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

The amount of depreciation on boats FAR outweigh the cost of repairs to a used one.. Some new rigs are selling at a 25-50 % loss in only a couple years :eek:
Most dealer tech's are underpaid and overworked , not who I want wrenching on my rig ..so much for the value of a warranty..
Look at the prices and goodies already installed on some of the used rigs on OSO..
USED unless you have money to throw away !

pm203 06-03-2006 09:12 AM

I will tell you, buying pre-owned is the only way to go. But, if you have a passion for these boats, you should definetely experience custom building a new one for yourself at least once..It sure is alot of fun, and very cool to have a brand new boat built to your exact specifications.