Speed Racer calling Reggie! >

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by CMG
i guess you see what you want to see - there is a clip of the Fountain running close to the helo so it appears to be going faster BUT even with the creative editting (why did it not continue?) it never shows it pass the cat.
How do we know it was edited??? We have Fountain saying one thing, and Speed Racer saying another. He said, she said. So everyone is gonna believe SR, and Reggie lied?

and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how Speed Racer was running 170mph with engines only turnig 4500, and the other only 5500 RPM, as the one post picture claims from someone who was "supposed" to be in the boat. I believe the Fountain video a whole lot more than I believe that BOGUS picture.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like or hate Reggie Fountain, there are some facts that should be considered.
NOBODY has done more for high performance boating, racing, advertising, hull development and publicity than Mr. Fountain himself. He is a master at what he does whether his V-bottoms are faster than cats or not. He personally is at every major boat show I've ever attended and always has been a gentleman to anybody I've ever seen him talk to. He is intelligent and articulate and is a generous and thoughtful human being.
Seldom will you see other owners of boat companies put it all out there like Reggie does.
To take cheap shots at his appearance is childish, inappropriate and totally unnecessary in a forum like this and only diminishes your opinions in MY opinion.
Give credit where credit is due.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Like or hate Reggie Fountain, there are some facts that should be considered.
NOBODY has done more for high performance boating, racing, advertising, hull development and publicity than Mr. Fountain himself. He is a master at what he does whether his V-bottoms are faster than cats or not. He personally is at every major boat show I've ever attended and always has been a gentleman to anybody I've ever seen him talk to. He is intelligent and articulate and is a generous and thoughtful human being.
Seldom will you see other owners of boat companies put it all out there like Reggie does.
To take cheap shots at his appearance is childish, inappropriate and totally unnecessary in a forum like this and only diminishes your opinions in MY opinion.
Give credit where credit is due.
Well said Ed, some of you...heck most all of you need to read Ed's last paragraph a few times! A lot of you are totally childish. Thanks for a great post Ed.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care for Reggie or his Powerboats.....
That may not be OK with some, but that's it.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you want about who won or lost, the fact is that is extermely irresponsible to bring this attitude to a poker run. Rio Roses ran with no regards of safety to anybody else around them. 150+ through no wake zones is flat out dangerous!!!!

This sport is extremely vulnerable right now, and to have one of the most influential manufactures create an info mercial claiming it is a race, just makes the case stronger for all of those who want to ban poker runs.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

I am just blown away that Roy Orbison is still alive and apparently manufacturing fast and ugly boats... I wonder if Elvis is the CFO?

ps: sorry Fevermike but when you consistently act that cocky in public, then have the balls to hire a video crew to film you talking like that, then edit it, and release it as a promo, you ask for some ribbing.... I think Roy's accomplishments are very impressive, I just don't personally respond favorably to his marketing crap

Last edited by F-32; 06-25-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-32
I am just blown away that Roy Orbison is still alive and apparently manufacturing fast and ugly boats... I wonder if Elvis is the CFO?

I don't know whats worse the CB radio, or forums..
Old 06-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Say what you want about who won or lost, the fact is that is extermely irresponsible to bring this attitude to a poker run. Rio Roses ran with no regards of safety to anybody else around them. 150+ through no wake zones is flat out dangerous!!!!

This sport is extremely vulnerable right now, and to have one of the most influential manufactures create an info mercial claiming it is a race, just makes the case stronger for all of those who want to ban poker runs.

This is the most important and valid point in this entire Thread. If they were out in the Gulf, or Atlantic, or up on the Great Lakes, that's one thing, on the St. John's River is another. And though I did not witness it, if Rio Roses was blowing through no wake zones at 150 mph, or whatever, that is unforgivably irresponsible. Can you imagine the nightmare if something would have gone wrong?????? It does not take a rocket scientist to figure THAT one out.

And Ed, I usually agree with your posts, however, I have FIRSTHAND witnessed Mr. Fountain's arrogant egotistical side of his personality. Make no mistake about that. I am not denying what he has accomplished, but he can be a real jerk.

Besides, anyone who dyes his hair that flagrantly with the flamboyantly embarassing result has to expect to take some shots.

It is what it is.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Round Shady
Don't talk about irresponsibility. I'll leave it at that.

As a manufacturer and a public figure, Reggie is held to a higher standard. Like it or not.

I'd like to hear why I shouldn't talk about irresponsibility. I have never acted irresponsibly, I wear a lifeline jacket, I obey navigational rules, and I respect the water and the boaters around me / us. When we are running hard or fast, we are usually away from the pack of boats by running closer to shore, or farther offshore where there is clean water.

But we always obey NO WAKE zones and local navigational rules.

We always run hard and go to an event to do so, but we never carry an agenda with us that mimics the fountain scenario.

This sport in a fragile state, and it is up to manufacturers and high profile people to do our part to set an example. Not to glorify all of the negative opinions held by those that want our sport dissolved.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have a question for the fountain people, Is Rio Roses a registered boat? Was it even legal to be on public waters. I know that race boats are exempt in a race event only, but as we know (contrary to fountains opinion) That event was not a race.

Does it have a hull number, proper insurance for pleasure boating. Most race policys only limit liability coverage to races and testing. This was neither. Did it have a functioning horn or navigational lights?

XXX in it's former conficuration (162 mph) as well as it's current configuration (125 mph) was registered, insured, and coast guard compliant with running lights, and all required safety equipment.

I know it doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things, but running an unregistered, uninsured, non coast guard conforming vessel in a charity poker run also leads to the level of irresponsibility.

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.