Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133450-will-reggie-rio-roses-show-up-loto-shoot-out.html)

bojoe2 06-23-2006 07:11 AM

Re: Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Unless of coarse the one in said slow boat runs his mouth :rolleyes: Then he is fair game :drink: After all he nominated himself the "Cat Killer" :rolleyes:

I agree I would like to see Reggie run as Im sure many others would to.

and used av hardware to cut the section of tape when speed backed down lol

Indy 06-23-2006 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Its a river in a small narrow canyon type of environment. This challenge needs to be in real water...take it where belongs...Offshore. These are offshore boats aren't they?? :evilb:

Running an offshore boat for one kilometer in calm water is kind of silly isn't it? What's the point? That should be the realm of drag boats. :rolleyes:

It's like Ivan Stewart bringing his baja runner truck to a 1/4 mile drag strip...pointless.

OSO 06-23-2006 08:10 AM

Here you go!

This video brought to you by Fountain Powerboats and Creative Television

For more information visit www.fountainpowerboats.com and www.creativetelevision.com

Catkiller Video

Von Bongo 06-23-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 3600cat
Should be a good one this year.

Yea if everyone shows up it will be an even better event than it already is!

hammer01 06-23-2006 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Remember that the shootout is a drag race. Not a Kilo run Acceleration is a big factor. SR ran 141 and 156 before breaking last year. The fastest V ran 128. Thats 28mph difference( oulterlimits I think). I would bet that the fountain race boat would accelerate and run pretty good. Not saying it would win but I would bet it may be closer than many may think on that short course.

Last year 2 outboard powered 28 skaters ran 118 to tie for their class win( great battle by the way). If I'd of said taken bets that a 29 Baja would be within 10 MPH of those 2 boats you would have all laughed at me, and I'd have cleaned up with a 9mph spread.

MAKE THAT A 24 FOOT BAJA. WAS THAT INSANE OR WHAT. OVER 1000 HP IN A 24 FT H2X, THAT GUY PASSED UP REGGIE IN THE RACE FOR BIGGEST KAHUNAS.

hammer01 06-23-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Actually its worse than a puddle. Its a river in a small narrow canyon type of environment. This challenge needs to be in real water, The Catalina Race for example. Sure its nice to have something fast and zip around the streets, lakes, ponds and look cool... whatever, but if its really BAD, take it where belongs... Offshore. These are offshore boats aren't they?? :evilb:

NOW THAT'S FUNNY. HOW ABOUT SHUTTING THE LAKE DOWN FROM MM21 TO MM7, RACE FROM SHOOTERS TO THE TOAD. I THINK BOTH DAVID'S (SCOTT AND CALLAN) WOULD TAKE THE CHALLENGE. TELL REGGIE TO GET OFF OF CHARLENE'S RANCH AND GET TO THE RACE TRACK, THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ONE.

JaayTeee 06-23-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
I I think Reggie is due to visit Charlotte at Raymonds anyway.

Darlin, honey, sugar.....It's "Charlene" ;) :D

hammer01 06-23-2006 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Darlin, honey, sugar.....It's "Charlene" ;) :D

THE LORD TOLD ME THAT IS FUNNY CHIT AND YOU SHOULD BUY THIS FOUNTAIN.

Von Bongo 06-23-2006 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01
MAKE THAT A 24 FOOT BAJA. WAS THAT INSANE OR WHAT. OVER 1000 HP IN A 24 FT H2X, THAT GUY PASSED UP REGGIE IN THE RACE FOR BIGGEST KAHUNAS.

I stand corrected, thanks! And I agree he must haul his nuts to the boat in a wheel barrel.

dfealy 06-23-2006 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
If calahan shows and let say he's not the fastest. Whould any body tear him down?If speed racer is beat by bacardi does that make speed a peace of crap? Hope hope Reggie shows just to see what he can do and OL too. But in my view the slower boats shouldn't be attacked or badgered.If going down the river I end up beating a twin outboard skater I'd brag a little.

If you and the Skater were "Racing" down the river and you won, you would have bragging rights. The only one who thought there was a race here was the Fountain. Dont' you need more than 1 to compete to claim you won? I would imagine if Speed Racer knew he was in a race against the Fountain the PR video may have not looked the same