Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133450-will-reggie-rio-roses-show-up-loto-shoot-out.html)

fastandfriendly 06-22-2006 03:36 PM

Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Do you think they will show and if so who do you think will when Speed Racer or Rio Roses?

cowisl 06-22-2006 03:50 PM

Re: Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

He wont show

berns29scarab 06-22-2006 04:02 PM

if hes smart he wont

sakoutis3 06-22-2006 04:02 PM

Doesn't look like anybody has any faith in reggie. :cool:

berns29scarab 06-22-2006 04:06 PM

nothing to do with him personally...but common sense will tell ya what the outcome will be.

berns29scarab 06-22-2006 04:07 PM

Meoowwwwwww

eyezlee 06-22-2006 04:09 PM

I wish Reggie would show up.

ReggieRaft 06-22-2006 04:28 PM

If calahan shows and let say he's not the fastest. Whould any body tear him down?If speed racer is beat by bacardi does that make speed a peace of crap? Hope hope Reggie shows just to see what he can do and OL too. But in my view the slower boats shouldn't be attacked or badgered.If going down the river I end up beating a twin outboard skater I'd brag a little.

Tantrum 06-22-2006 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
If calahan shows and let say he's not the fastest. Whould any body tear him down?If speed racer is beat by bacardi does that make speed a peace of crap? Hope hope Reggie shows just to see what he can do and OL too. But in my view the slower boats shouldn't be attacked or badgered.If going down the river I end up beating a twin outboard skater I'd brag a little.

Unless of coarse the one in said slow boat runs his mouth :rolleyes: Then he is fair game :drink: After all he nominated himself the "Cat Killer" :rolleyes:

I agree I would like to see Reggie run as Im sure many others would to.

Tantrum 06-22-2006 04:36 PM

Speed Racer by default....Reggie wont show.
I would like to see him run though but then I still believe it would be Speed Racer straight up

dreamer 06-22-2006 05:07 PM

good question... if he doesnt show, hey i already showed what i can do

if he does and loses.. then....

also jax he was the only one... at the shootout... the big cig and OL could show...

seem like he always makes sure thing are in his favor... but the boat still runs like a raped ape... so does OL and cig... be nice to see em run in some three to fours where there top speeds are moot

Buddy OO 06-22-2006 05:08 PM

I think he pretty much has to show now by his comments, sure all the big boys with their cats will make a point to show up now, plus it's MTI's and speed racers back yard, my money is on Mr. Scott for top gun , just not sure if it will be piston or turbine boat, should be an awesome event this year, I think Reggie is due to visit Charlotte at Raymonds anyway.

Von Bongo 06-22-2006 05:09 PM

Remember that the shootout is a drag race. Not a Kilo run Acceleration is a big factor. SR ran 141 and 156 before breaking last year. The fastest V ran 128. Thats 28mph difference( oulterlimits I think). I would bet that the fountain race boat would accelerate and run pretty good. Not saying it would win but I would bet it may be closer than many may think on that short course.

Last year 2 outboard powered 28 skaters ran 118 to tie for their class win( great battle by the way). If I'd of said taken bets that a 29 Baja would be within 10 MPH of those 2 boats you would have all laughed at me, and I'd have cleaned up with a 9mph spread.

epeek 06-22-2006 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer
good question... if he doesnt show, hey i already showed what i can do

if he does and loses.. then....

also jax he was the only one... at the shootout... the big cig and OL could show...

seem like he always makes sure thing are in his favor... but the boat still runs like a raped ape... so does OL and cig... be nice to see em run in some three to fours where there top speeds are moot

Well.....O.L. might show,but Cig doesnt show up for
anything. Mr. Bravers Idea of racing is to come up with
a new line of "Race inspired polo Shirts"!!!! Cigarette
"Racing Team" branded of coarse!

dhlaw 06-22-2006 05:58 PM

No show because he wont be able to stack the deck in his favor...... Reggie never goes where the playing field is even.

lucky strike 06-22-2006 06:05 PM

Reggie has all of you all talking about Fountain........Good or bad ?

He has all of you talking about Fountain !! Thats his job.

offshoredrillin 06-22-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike

True, but the majority is in a bad light. If his motive is to convince the people on this site, well most are already with the brand they choose. If he is trying to market to a brand new audience, he needs to hire a different PR person and market to the new people.

lucky strike 06-22-2006 06:30 PM

You all know I'm not a Fountain fan.... I'm A CigaSutphen fan !!
This man Reggie knows how to get you all goin....Good or bad he has you all talkin about him. Thats his goal.
I have had two Fountains in the past, they both were great boats.
I watched the video of Jacksonville...... A one way story to say the least.
Yo skip..... Let Cigarette go dance with with these guys & show them who is the fastest & who makes the best V bottom on the planet !!

Lucky Strike

customryder 06-22-2006 06:53 PM

will someone please post video of the runs.. wish i could be their.

rouxsterre 06-22-2006 07:01 PM

He won't show until he's 100% sure of the result.

Reggie don't play second-place.
When he shows - he WILL win. . . .

JS232 06-22-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
No show because he wont be able to stack the deck in his favor...... Reggie never goes where the playing field is even.

What ya doing with my avatar? :eek: :D I have Frog copy rights on that one.... You like it that much? :rolleyes: :evilb:

You need to be a real man and speak French in order to use it... or pay my Fuel for the season :evilb: :evilb:

Oh, I forgot, Regie's got a big mouth, Power for Power, Size for Size, no way a Vee bottom will ever outpass a CAT :rolleyes: Period :eek:

Havasu Cig 06-22-2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft

I think the difference are the comments made about being a cat killer.

BTW, Your Fountain better have a sustained 120 in it to beat my twin O/B Skater... :D :cool:

masher44 06-22-2006 08:22 PM

LOTO is a puddle :rolleyes:

ReggieRaft 06-22-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I think the difference are the comments made about being a cat killer.

BTW, Your Fountain better have a sustained 120 in it to beat my twin O/B Skater... :D :cool:

My sentence began with If. And my 35 Fountain runs 104 on gps.

Hauling Trash 06-22-2006 09:07 PM

I`m a Big Fountain fan , I say NO ,It not the way David Knight like to play , He like no competition.

Its all about the EGO

Mike

Hauling Trash 06-22-2006 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike

BUT its not good for a Rio Roses

Mike

CigDaze 06-22-2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
He won't show until he's 100% sure of the result.

Reggie don't play second-place.
When he shows - he WILL win. . . .

Yep. You can't lose when when you make up the rules.
Otherwise, why play? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WeaponX 06-22-2006 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by eyezlee
I wish Reggie would show up.

You voted for a no show and that he would win while not being there. Good one. :D

WeaponX 06-22-2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Remember that the shootout is a drag race. Not a Kilo run Acceleration is a big factor. SR ran 141 and 156 before breaking last year. The fastest V ran 128. Thats 28mph difference( oulterlimits I think). I would bet that the fountain race boat would accelerate and run pretty good. Not saying it would win but I would bet it may be closer than many may think on that short course.

Last year 2 outboard powered 28 skaters ran 118 to tie for their class win( great battle by the way). If I'd of said taken bets that a 29 Baja would be within 10 MPH of those 2 boats you would have all laughed at me, and I'd have cleaned up with a 9mph spread.

Already announcing the race. :D

Von Bongo 06-22-2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 3600cat
Already announcing the race. :D

Nope just reliving the glory days :D

WeaponX 06-22-2006 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Nope just reliving the glory days :D

Should be a good one this year.

Fanatic 06-22-2006 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by customryder
will someone please post video of the runs.. wish i could be their.

Custom,
The video's here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=133435

bmanafort 06-22-2006 10:43 PM

Just by us talking about Reggies deep vee going against a cat boat and having the possibility of winning shows how superior his boat is. You cat guys are big talk in a flat, no weather situation and I am tired of it. Reggie took your cat boats and sent you home crying. Now after the fact you can start all the threads you want about next time and what happened last time. Just remember, he kicked your butt and accept it. Here is a joke I am sure you all heard:

What do you call a cat boat in 4 foot seas:

A *****

Now that is funny

Spine Tingler 06-22-2006 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort
What do you call a cat boat in 4 foot seas:A *****

Now that is funny

On Top?! :eek:

satisfactionII 06-22-2006 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
LOTO is a puddle :rolleyes:

Actually its worse than a puddle. Its a river in a small narrow canyon type of environment. This challenge needs to be in real water, The Catalina Race for example. Sure its nice to have something fast and zip around the streets, lakes, ponds and look cool... whatever, but if its really BAD, take it where belongs... Offshore. These are offshore boats aren't they?? :evilb:

spk1 06-22-2006 11:28 PM

I dont think he will show, he has everybody where he wants them right now, win or lose he doesnt really gain anymore popularity on the subject by showing up. Besides I believe he likes that he pissed the Cat owners off , by not showing he does this.

tomtbone1993 06-22-2006 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by spk1
I dont think he will show, he has everybody where he wants them right now, win or lose he doesnt really gain anymore popularity on the subject by showing up. Besides I believe he likes that he pissed the Cat owners off , by not showing he does this.

very valid point, thankyou for your thoughtful insight :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

cosmic12 06-23-2006 06:33 AM

ISNT THERE ANY PR GUYS OUT THERE THAT CAN SOMEHOW BEAT HIM AT OR PLAY HIS GAME, SO THAT HE HAS TO SHOW UP TO SAVE FACE? COME ON SOMEBODY HAS TO HAVE CONNECTIONS. YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH THAT EGO. TELL HIM THE PRIZE IS A NEW GOLD CHAIN BIGGER AND BADDER THAN ANYONE HAS IN THE WORLD. OR A LIFE TIME SUPPLY OF BLACK HAIR SPRAY. :rolleyes:

nocigarette 06-23-2006 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
No he has us wondering can a v really beat a cat in there court it"s YES :rolleyes:

NO I WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS HAIR STILL....

I AM GOING TO START A THREAD ABOUT HIS HAIR

bojoe2 06-23-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
nothing to do with him personally...but common sense will tell ya what the outcome will be.

yep what bern said :D