Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Poker Run 2006 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135883-chicago-poker-run-2006-a.html)

SHOCKWAVE 07-27-2006 07:44 AM

Re: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Dan,
Now that's kinda what I was looking for.....video should be killer!

Rich :D

10x 07-27-2006 10:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Rio Roses poker run boat that's owned by Rich Troppolli is absolutely beautiful. The rigging in it is superb. On the second leg, Rich and his engine builder Anthony Smith from Wazzuo Motorsports, really opened er up. If that thing had wings, it would've glided all the way to Chicago.

Rich, beautiful boat, PLLLLEEEEEEEEESSSE DON'T sell it !!!!! :(

StraightJacket 07-27-2006 10:42 AM

That pic of Poker Face is sick. I would kill for one like that of our boat, Dad might not like the landing part but if the pic looks like that its all worth it. Done one close with the help of a 39 Sea Ray on the river, Mrs. sommers flies by won't ride with me anymore becuase of it.

10x 07-27-2006 04:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Back for lunch

Magic Medicine 07-27-2006 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a panoramic pic of Chi-town that CSG27 took on Sunday.

SHOCKWAVE 07-27-2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 10x
The Rio Roses poker run boat that's owned by Rich Troppolli is absolutely beautiful. The rigging in it is superb. On the second leg, Rich and his engine builder Anthony Smith from Wazzuo Motorsports, really opened er up. If that thing had wings, it would've glided all the way to Chicago.

Rich, beautiful boat, PLLLLEEEEEEEEESSSE DON'T sell it !!!!! :(

Ehhhh......maybe I better re-think my plans......Now with Anthony in the boat and him hooked on poker running too, maybe selling it might not be what I want.
Thanks for the nice comments and pics.
Rich

MarkSmith 07-27-2006 10:52 PM

Rich, I would just loose the crash boxes and maybe add a couple back seats some how. It is a beautiful boat. You know it is a solid boat.

You flew past me on the second leg and it sounded great.

Mark

candyman35 07-28-2006 12:20 AM

Boaters draw five the fun way
Sunday, july 23, 2006

By Michelle L. Quinn / Post-Tribune correspondent

EAST CHICAGO — There are myriad reasons why off-shore powerboaters love the sport, gliding along the waves and the sound of the motor among them.

On Saturday afternoon, some 350 powerboaters showed their love for charity as well the sport during the East Chicago Marina’s second annual Powerboat Poker Run benefit for Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Between 80 and 85 boats from all over the country sped along the lakeshore, hitting their targets for the cause.

Among them were Reggie Fountain, world-record powerboater and owner of Fountain Powerboats, made an appearance.

Boaters made their way out to Michigan City first, then back to Hammond to pick up a poker card at each destination, said Mark Smith, the Chicago Powerboat club’s membership director and event organizer.

During the second half of the day, they rushed off to Chicago’s Monroe Harbor to get a panoramic view of the city before turning around at Buckingham Fountain to head back to eat at Resorts Hotel.

Picking up the cards at the stops gave the boaters a poker hand, which they presented at dinner for prizes donated by event sponsors, Smith said.

East Chicago officials got in on the act and treated residents of Carmelite Home to lunch catered by Jimmy John’s Sandwich Shop. Mayor George Pabey and Marina Director Richard Novak were on hand to enjoy the festivities with the girls.

“The Carmelite Home is one of our favorite organizations,” Pabey said. “We know how hard Sister Giuseppe works to run the place.”

“We like to give (the girls) an opportunity to see how people from the other side of the world live,” Novak added.

Last year, the event raised about $5,000 for Children’s Memorial, Smith said, and this year he expected it would raise around $10,000.

And East Chicago turned out to be the perfect spot to which to come back.

“Chicago is a really unfriendly town toward boaters,” said Roger Holmberg of Kankakee, Ill., who sits on the Powerboat Club’s board of directors. “The security here (in East Chicago) is great, and the proximity to I-80 is good, too, for all the out-of-towners.”

Mike and Michelle Sommer of Frankfort, Ill., joined Holmberg on the run. Powerboaters for five years, they said there’s nothing like the thrill of the ride.

“When the waves are big, you don’t stay in the water,” Mike Sommer said, smiling. “Others just like the sound of the motors.”

SHOCKWAVE 07-28-2006 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Rich, I would just loose the crash boxes and maybe add a couple back seats some how. It is a beautiful boat. You know it is a solid boat.

You flew past me on the second leg and it sounded great.

Mark

Mark, Ok. I'll bring the chain saw, but what do I replace the crashboxes with. I haven't had a trans in a raceboat since 1992.What's the trans of choice nowadays that is super reliable? Miss ya buddy.
Rich

StraightJacket 07-28-2006 10:40 AM

Ok now I'm screwed , dad saw the picture of POKER FACE and is having a set of controls put on the left. As if he doesn't trust me :rolleyes: .