Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Poker Run 2006 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135883-chicago-poker-run-2006-a.html)

candyman35 07-23-2006 07:19 PM

Chicago Poker Run 2006

3 Attachment(s)
Wow!!!! I don't know where to start. It has been a very busy and fun weekend here in Chicago. We had 77 boats entered in this years event. Unfortunately lots of big water. 4-6 with an occasional large hole thrown in for added fun. I know many boats did not get to run which we our sorry for. It's the one thing you can never predict. I hope all that attended the run still had fun and enjoyed the food, parties, manufacturers displays and events at this years run.

I know Powerboat and Extreme Boats Magazine used over 30 Gig to store all the pictures they took. I should have a link to most of the EBM pictures by the end of the week. There are going to be some incredible pictures from our run in both magazines.

This years run will also be featured on an episode of American Power Boat TV. I will make sure to update everyone of the time and dates.

Thanks to all the attendees, sponsors, media & volunteers that made this weekend special. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

Dan & Vicki

Hauling Trash 07-23-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Dan

We had a Great time again, See you guys next Year

Mike

Team Rio Roses

candyman35 07-23-2006 07:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Scott Shogren & Wyatt Fountain having fun.

Keith & Marcy "KSFlyer" Most will remember Marcy's smiling face from registration.

Boarderline ????

candyman35 07-23-2006 07:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Dan

We had a Great time again, See you guys next Year

Mike

Team Rio Roses

Hey Mike,
It was great seeing everyone again this year. Do you know if Rich & Matt ran together any? I have over 2,000 shots and haven't looked at half of them yet. I will get some of your teams pictures posted tonight. Thanks to the entire Rio Roses team for helping us support Children's Memorial Hospital.
Dan

candyman35 07-23-2006 08:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I think an OSO member is going to have a new Avatar. :drink:

candyman35 07-23-2006 08:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
One more set then it's dinner time.

candyman35 07-23-2006 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more for now. BTW I hate resizing pictures.
Dan

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a great time! What a great group of people! Could'nt ask for a better group of participants. Thanks to everyone that attended for supporting The Chicago Powerboat Club and Childrens Memorial Hospital.
Here are a few pictures that I took during the weekend.

Roger

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Outer Limits GTX going in...

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The ''Jack Link'' Fountain.

SCARABJ 07-23-2006 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What happen to all the "cat killer fountains"??? how did the let a 47 outerlimits gtx beat them to ever stop?? :eek:

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Steve Shuble and Crew with the official OSO Powerplay. That boat is still one of my favorites.

Sydwayz 07-23-2006 08:42 PM

The 2006 CPC PR was the most exhilerating boating experience I have EVER had. CPC puts on a top notch event; thanks everyone. I had no idea how well MONSOON could perform. I have Lake Michigan to thank for a serious schooling. I am still speechless; tried to tell several friends over the phone what the run/water was like while driving home... all I could get out was "big water--bigger holes--airborne--tail rudder--stabilizer--disappearing boats--sick air--dry props--LOVE MY AT!"

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chicago Powerboat Club President Marl Smith in his Ocean express.

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brian, (Sydwayz) had a little cleaning up to to after the trip out here.

Roger 1 07-23-2006 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All clean again....

Magic Medicine 07-23-2006 09:10 PM

The run was excellent even though it was to rough to run in the Checkmate. We had a great time helping out and cruising around in the "calm" bay. LOL I had a great time seeing everyone and meeting alot of cool people.

The quote from the weekend came from Downtown 42

"What's your problem"

BZ 07-23-2006 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
All clean again....

It was great running with you from Chicago...great boat....BZ

Roger 1 07-23-2006 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
The run was excellent even though it was to rough to run in the Checkmate. We had a great time helping out and cruising around in the "calm" bay. LOL I had a great time seeing everyone and meeting alot of cool people.

The quote from the weekend came from Downtown 42

"What's your problem"

You Should'nt listen to him Andy. The boy ain't right. :D

Sydwayz 07-23-2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
You Should'nt listen to him Andy. The boy ain't right. :D

Andy? Is that MM's name? He introduced himself 3 times over the weekend, and I never caught his name. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: (hint hint)

:D

Roger 1 07-23-2006 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Andy? Is that MM's name? He introduced himself 3 times over the weekend, and I never caught his name. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: (hint hint)

Yep, It's Andy. And yeah, He's one of ours. :D

Roger 1 07-23-2006 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

It was very likely an honest mistake on his part. He probably SAW three of you standing there and, being the nice guy that he is, did'nt want to be rude and ignore the other two. :D

Roger 1 07-23-2006 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OSO Steve and Chicago Powerboat Club Board Member, Frank Holas (10X)

Back4More 07-23-2006 09:45 PM

The Back4More Poker Run Team had a blast, thanks to all that made it happen...We are already looking forward to next years event.

sommerfliesby 07-23-2006 09:45 PM

Exponentially better than last year, even though I didn't get to run the red boat. Dan drove well enough that my wife complimented him...twice. She NEVER tells me I'm driving well!! Great to see everyone had fun, great job and many congrats to Mark Smith for putting together another incredible event. Hope to see everybody again next year.

boatfreak 07-23-2006 10:07 PM

I have to agree with everyone that it was a great run. I hitched a ride on Monsoon on the morning leg and had a blast. These guys are not exaggerating the size of the waves. Thanks to everyone for another great run and I can't wait for next years Chicago Poker Run.
Brian I also want to thank you for the ride. Monsoon is quite a boat.
Also what a difference a day makes. We just got home from a day of floating in the shadows of downtown and the lake was perfect.

SHOCKWAVE 07-23-2006 10:14 PM

To the great people of the Chicago Powerboat Club. Congrats guys, you did it again! The best, safest and most fun poker run I've ever been to. I was so happy to see all my Chicago friends, especially Dan, Frank and Mark.It seemed like yesterday when we first met everyone, and you were all as genuine and warm as I remember you. A big thank you to Scott who helped me out with the hoses. After a small battery mishap in the morning, we ran back out and played a bit to be sure everything was good and joined everybody for lunch. A concept I still am having trouble grasping after 20 years of racing, and went out for the afternoon run. After realizing we had propped the boat a bit too big, we bumped our way to Chicago only to be in the coolest, most impromptu boat parade I have ever seen. By the way, thanks Frank for posting that short clip -it was awesome-and the offer of the fuel.You are very generous. . And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....
And Mark, what can I say, buddy.....You're awesome!
It seemed Sunday came around so fast and sadly it was time to return to New Jersey.To all my friends in Chicago, and the new ones I made Saturday night, You did a super,super job and are super,super people!

Best regards and friendship,
Rich
Rio Roses

MarkSmith 07-23-2006 10:25 PM

I would like to give a very special thanks all of the sponsors that were very generous with their donations to help make the event the success that it was.

I would also like to thank all of the volunters that helped pulled everything together especially:
Roger McDonald with registration - perfect job.
Dan Vasta with everything that he does and more and more........beyond the call of duty.
Steve Shay - Mr. Dependable - Everything you did for the club was perfect.
The ladies of registration are always the best: Marcy, Lois, Kathyjo, Lori, Vicky, Michelle.

Vic Spelberg and Steve Nelson with crew are the best clothing folders and got the job done.

10x 07-23-2006 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
To the great people of the Chicago Powerboat Club. Congrats guys, you did it again! The best, safest and most fun poker run I've ever been to. I was so happy to see all my Chicago friends, especially Dan, Frank and Mark.It seemed like yesterday when we first met everyone, and you were all as genuine and warm as I remember you. A big thank you to Scott who helped me out with the hoses. After a small battery mishap in the morning, we ran back out and played a bit to be sure everything was good and joined everybody for lunch. A concept I still am having trouble grasping after 20 years of racing, and went out for the afternoon run. After realizing we had propped the boat a bit too big, we bumped our way to Chicago only to be in the coolest, most impromptu boat parade I have ever seen. By the way, thanks Frank for posting that short clip -it was awesome-and the offer of the fuel.You are very generous. . And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....
And Mark, what can I say, buddy.....You're awesome!
It seemed Sunday came around so fast and sadly it was time to return to New Jersey.To all my friends in Chicago, and the new ones I made Saturday night, You did a super,super job and are super,super people!

Best regards and friendship,
Rich
Rio Roses

Rich im sorry i didnt post it over in this section...here it is. I've got this clip saved to my favorites, CAUSE, in the middle of winter, when the snow's fallin, and I'm really depressed, I'm gonna keep playing it over and over again, to get me pumped up about summer coming and getting to run with you again.
Thank you again for your friendship. Give your lovely wife Kathy a big kiss for me, she's a doll. :evilb:

Mike, Anthony, Matt, and Tony S, thank you all again for all of your support from Team Rio Roses. You guys are great !!!

http://media.putfile.com/rio-roses-58

candyman35 07-23-2006 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....

LMAO :D No dead fish for this Italian....I prefer the Swedish kind. :D Still looking for a running shot of the other Rio Roses. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

candyman35 07-23-2006 11:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I found a much better shot of the 47. I think GATORONE will approve.

candyman35 07-23-2006 11:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:drink:

10x 07-23-2006 11:28 PM

That shot of Bill "Gatorone" looks like what we seen when he was passing us while running 80. That boat flew just perfect. :D

10x 07-23-2006 11:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mark Smiths Chitown Hustler with some serious HP provided By Dave at Wesco...

http://media.putfile.com/Chi-Town-Hustler-Boat

10x 07-23-2006 11:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Few pics

10x 07-23-2006 11:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More

10x 07-23-2006 11:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
In the yellow shirt is Mark Miller and his beautiful new 39 Cigarette with the new 700 SCI package. Mark is one of our big sponsors, and owns Grand Sport Marine, the midwest's newest Cigarette dealer ship. He also handles Baja from both of his stores.

Thank you Mark for bringing all the beautiful new Cigarette's and Baja's to our event.

10x 07-23-2006 11:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more yet

10x 07-24-2006 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More
The Back4More Poker Run Team had a blast, thanks to all that made it happen...We are already looking forward to next years event.

Mark, Seen some of the video footage they shot of your 42. :eek: Holy $hit batman !!! you were really really clippin !!!!! The boat flew perfect even in those 6-8's. Wait till we get all the footage, you'll love it. :D

10x 07-24-2006 12:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Brad Zastros beautiful new 39 MTI. Some "serious" power provided by "Bill" at Aetco racing engines in Waukegon Ill. :D

http://media.putfile.com/Brad-zastro