Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147129-fountain-new-kilo-record-miami-show.html)

Hauling Trash 12-16-2006 06:33 PM

Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Go for It............. Fountain

mike

the duke 12-16-2006 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by bojoe2
. did you think reggie will let other friends come and play (hell no) cig, ol, etc. its the reggie show once again.

He let them come the last time. What happened to them? Oh yea, I remember, they headed north while it was still dark out.

If you want to come and run Reggie for the Kilo, you better bring more than a GPS.

100-Plus 12-16-2006 08:30 PM

Ah, and here is where this informative thread goes suddenly south.

"Reggie Fountan won't let anybody else play."

"Mike Fiore is a big chicken."

Please.

We are awfully bold on message boards. For those who truly feel this way, I suggest a trip to the Miami show. Reggie and Mike will be there. They're easy to find and love to talk. So stroll on up and tell them what you think.

Otherwise ... save it.

the duke 12-16-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Ah, and here is where this informative thread goes suddenly south.

"Reggie Fountan won't let anybody else play."

"Mike Fiore is a big chicken."

There is NO information to dispense. I'm sure when/if Fountain is ready to make an announcement, we'll all know it.

You asked for information, so here is some that is not in dispute

1. Reggie invited ALL to NC when he set the current Kilo Record. NO ONE showed. OL claimed to have a motor problem. Motor builder says no problem. You pick who to believe.

2. OL's only "claim" to a kilo record is a GPS one off RI in the middle of winter that no one knew was even happening. GPS speed means nothing in a kilo run.

3. When OL ran their secret run, everyone thought it was great. When Reggie says he is gonna run it, and invites anyone, everyone says its ego.

4. When OL runs a REAL kilo and beats the current record holder, good for them.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-16-2006 09:46 PM

Sharkey,

I appreciate your response. I'm with you on the "if." I know what you're saying.

But I'm not "Mike." Cheers.

Sorry, I know someone with the screen name @100plus. I just thought he may have signed up here too... :drink:

FeverMike 12-16-2006 10:48 PM

snip.... FeverMike has been consistent and straightforward, especially when it comes to saying where his expertise ends. That quality is in short supply these days.

Thanks 100+ for seeing my integrity.

I too wish I could see other manufactures run against the Fountain fleet of super Vee's. That would be great for the sport and great for all pleasure boaters with the trickle down effect. However the owners of these Super V Fountains had a choice in what boat brand to purchase.

Downtown42 12-16-2006 11:18 PM

At least Mikey came to play, just didn't have the right stuff. Next..... :evilb:

Congratulations to Reggie Fountain From OL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Reggie...

On behalf of myself and everyone at Outerlimits, I would like to congratulate you on your new world record kilo run. I know that this significant accomplishment undoubtedly required the dedication and cooperation of the entire Fountain team. There is no doubt that this speed record will be spoken of for some time to come.

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on raising the bar by posting a new record and giving us all a mark to shoot for.

Regards,
Mike Fiore
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=Reggie

masher44 12-16-2006 11:31 PM

This stupid ass thread should be deleted until someone actually does something that warrants a thread like this. Reggie has the record and hopefully Mike will and others step up and run for it. Real nice posting press releases :rolleyes: Have fun here and stop being such a touch hole. Some people should step back and maybe cuff their carrot a little more and stop taking this sh1t so seriously.... :rolleyes: I love it how all these a-holes think its so easy to slap together a super V and go 170 too...PN

Cash Bar 12-16-2006 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by the duke

3. When OL ran their secret run, everyone thought it was great. When Reggie says he is gonna run it, and invites anyone, everyone says its ego.

Actually, I was there RACING that year. I know what an unbelievable run that was. It was a thing of beauty. I don't remember anyone there, or on OSO, saying it was just ego that made him run.

That year it happenend to be OL that MADE HIM RUN !! They did not make the run(pick a reason) but they were there and possibly ready. That was the pressure to run, and run well, not ego.

That said, if he would let others come again, it could not be considered just running for "ego". It would be an open competition.....

the duke 12-16-2006 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Actually, I was there RACING that year. I know what an unbelievable run that was. It was a thing of beauty. I don't remember anyone there, or on OSO, saying it was just ego that made him run.

Do a search for reggie with gold/ego, or any words that mean the same here on OSO. WIll probably kill the servers bringing up all the results. The do a search for the gps run. another server killer.

I don't think anyone here knows what made Reggie do that run. Unless he is posting here and can tell us.