Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what would you do? (boatme) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150265-what-would-you-do-boatme.html)

Boomer 880 01-29-2007 11:56 AM

Re: what would you do? (boatme)

So, what are you now seeking in the deal? I understand the frustration, but did the bill go over $1000? Are you just looking to vent?

Sorry to hear about the problems.

fubard 01-29-2007 12:00 PM

but if he would have been there iinstead of going to a poker run sean it would have happened at his dock and i would have had the opprotunity to tell him fix it or come down off the price I understand nobody has a crystal ball in boating thats why you have final seatrails which wasnt done.

fubard 01-29-2007 12:02 PM

hey boomer i dont need to vent, marc put his version on her so i read it and everybody thought i was a scumbag and yada yada yada and i didnt know how to run a boat. i was just making correction in marcs version so you guys would know the truth thats it the TRUTH...

Chris288 01-29-2007 12:20 PM

Would I have taken the boat without a final sea-trial ??, yes if the boat was never even started since the first sea-trial. If I went to look at a boat, sea-trialed it and made arrangements to purchase it, I wouldn't expect the owner to continue to use it, if he did, then yes a final sea-trial before handing over the check..

Boomer 880 01-29-2007 12:21 PM

I re-read the posts in the other thread and IMO you did not come off as any scumbag or anything bad. It did state that you never owned a high performance boat (which was incorrect), but other than that it was a pretty mild post. If I were in your shoes, I too would have been out to correct the problem(s).

Not sure why Marc posted the original thread. He too may have been better served by dealing with the issue 1:1. Lessons learned by all.

Nauti Kitty 01-29-2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fubard (Post 2008707)
Well i wasnt going to get in a he said she said but naughty kitty whats funny why would i ask for the owner, the receptionist said let me let you talk to the owner and i said what i thought marc was the owner??
and besides how would i know bens name if it wasnt told to me?? i dont care who put a fuel pump on ???
. kitty i have a phone record of mike calling me so .... there is no reason what so ever for me to lie in this matter i just want the truth told not one side and im a scumbag and all that **** that was written sorry....

No apologies to me. I can't vouch for what you were told but I wanted the record straight on these two small points, thats all. I was there when you called in and talked to Mike. Your lawyer called once after and thats it. Obviuosly Ben would care to not have his reputation marred since he did not work on the motor. Again, sorry for your problems, just making sure everyone understands it's between you and Marc. Good luck. NK

fubard 01-29-2007 12:35 PM

sorry boomer marc put it this way all good comments jsut some clarification.
1) boat was a 1998
2)boat had 600hrs 420 on motors
3)boat ran flawless at first seatrail
4)buyer and girlfriend are good people
5)had this been shut down would have been a 1000.00
6) have signed contract as is
7)guy has never owned a powerboat before. (LIED)
8)boat had survey done (buy marc not me)
9) motors are 600sc good motors
incase you didnt see the blog and i wish we could keep this one on one because its really nobodies business. but he put it out there... for allllll to see....

satisfactionII 01-29-2007 12:40 PM

It always bothers me to hear about deal where the party's involved are not completely satisfied. I guess I might be called a square for hoping that any kind of business deal should be a win wiin situation. Best of luck to all party's.

fubard 01-29-2007 12:44 PM

i agree ms kitty, its between marc and me, yes your right i had to call mike back I had no idea mike was an owner how would i have gotten his name. the receiptionist told me mikes name, cause marc was the owner.....even marc says we take the marina over tomorrow. and another guys says your a dealer know so your reputaion is on the line too... i dont make these things up. Its the truth. and the truth is overcomming what marc says in his blog. Marc cant say im lying either the pics show that a motor ws not ran till it blew up or siezed its was idleing on a trailer the same way it would have been at his dock or the warfs dock.

boatme 01-29-2007 12:49 PM

Interesting

I posted the original posting back in august 2006 because i was interested in other peoples opinions on how to handle this

I was under the impresion that fubar had only owned cruiser style boats If i was wrong about that i am sorry It is what i got out of the conversation from him but was not an intentional misrepresentation was what i understood

Apparently I was wrong about that

The post never was a slam on fubar I was asking others for honest insite and opinion yet he now seems to have decided to attack me

By the way
Yes i did send him a check for more than $ 1000 to cover PARTS