Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ettore powerboats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15060-ettore-powerboats.html)

a711 01-06-2002 10:59 PM

Get it straight BOYS...

Ettore Products.. largest SQUEGEE manufacturer in the world

Schmalik family, OWNS Ettore Products

EXTREAM Powerboats, built in St, Pete, Owner, builer is Mark Spates (a kind of Einstein lam-job guy withohut an engineering degree), Hull Designer Michael Peters (of Tincarra Catamaran fame)

Schmalik's make Squeegee's for a living, bought two Estreams in the last 3 years, First one rigged by Teague with Teague power, Second one rigged by Dam Macnamara (Archer marine), one set of Sterlings, One set of Pfaffs, so far, neither have worked, first one had #6's, current model has Weismans

Very nice people who seem to have an inexaustable budget and unlimited patience for the whole thing....(maybe the trickest paint job ever on a Super V, including Muscle)

Big stuff and windshield-canopy failure in Key West This year.

Now you know the FACTS...

GR

KOZ MAN 01-06-2002 11:11 PM

"Extreme"
As long as your talking "facts."

This has been funny! ;)

shifter 01-06-2002 11:20 PM

The Ettore boat was rigged by Archer Marine.
This is attempt #2 on the 39 footer.
The steps were moved back the cockpit also.
The concept for the drive-line was done by us,Weismann Marine,in line motors,low c/g, off-set fnr crashboxes and drives.
This was our first attempt at a super vee.All cats before we were banned.
We always try to improve on what is existing.
The original bottom was done by Mike Peters the top by Mark at Extreem. Handling was a problem, and still is on #2 but not far from being right.Were working on it now.
I don't know if there is another one since Ettore #2. I rode with Thad in the one Mike J. talked about.It is great with big power. Good job guys fun boat. It is still running our dry-sump #6's.
The boats are very well built. The little boats were very good but Phantoms I thought.
rule changes put Will out too.
Tank, nice shot of the boat.
Pat W. :)

a711 01-06-2002 11:20 PM

Thanks Koz Man, but to tell you the truth, I don't care !.

GR

Wardey 01-06-2002 11:57 PM

Hey Kent.....I beleive i've drove the same "Extreme", and I truly was impressed. Hope your holidays were great.

Ryan Beckley 01-06-2002 11:57 PM

Hey Greg lighten up, you aren't as *****en as you think you are. You should talk about getting smart and puttig differen't drives on there boats. How many bravo's did you blow over the years? Maybe a Weissmann drive would've done you some good. As for the rigging on the Ettore Boat, Tom Staglino did most of it at Team Archer Marine in Costa Mesa. That boat is unbelieveable. I agree they are reinventing the wheel but sometimes it pays to be different. I know the outcome of the race is what really matters but Ettore left everyone at the start of KW.

C_Spray 01-07-2002 08:58 AM

The "GM Vortec" boat that runs in P3 (and occasionally Super Vee Light) is also an Extreme. With a 530 hp 469, that boat will run in the 80's and is very, very efficient and tidy. The owner is very pleased with it. I had a close look at it in Key West, and the workmanship and lamination was top-notch. I believe that it is a 29' hull.

Kent Perroux 01-07-2002 09:20 AM

Dave Warden,
Yes, I am sure it is the same boat. Sorry for the spelling mistake, I think my eyes are still blurry...

a711 01-07-2002 10:46 AM

Ryan Buckley (whoever you aren't). Never heard of you and I have been as deep in this sport as you can get since 1992. Your criticism of me proves your ignorance and need just to make a post to try and legitimize yourself as another wanna-be.

When I built my "A" boat, now SVL, surface drives were not allowed, guess that just slipped by your vast personal knowledge brainbank. Also, if you knew anything about those boats you would have known that there are some very significant advantages to useing the Bravo, even though we broke a lot of them, for instance, we never would have set that KILO record with a #6 lite or an Arneson, even if they were allowed because of transmission power loss power loss and weight issues (we also WON most of the races where we didn't break the drive, which is worth mentioning). Everything in my posts are completely accurate based upon my personal experience and alomst always verifiable by third parties that were also there. The reference to Dan Macnamara was purely that he IS Archer Marine since Craig's departure,(I suspect you are one of those guys who "hangs around" over there and idolizes Dan) I never said that his hands personally touched every nut and bolt, for that matter, the guy's at Pfaffs did a lot of re-rigging as well to correct a lot of things, but I realize your need to try to correct me on something that was complety insignificant to the point of the post because it makes you feel like your a part of the sport.

Finally, for the record, show me a single post where I describe myself as "*****en". I'm just a lowley racer with a bunch of checkered flags, Kilo records, etc. who raced FULLY SPONSORED for years in a sport where few exist past a couple of years.

That does not make me *****en, just a little unique.

P.S.. my living room is full of trophies and checkered flags and trophies from real offshore races (not poker runs), what does yours look like ?.

If you want to personally attack me, send me a private e-mail, this thread was about the Ettoree Boat last I checked.

burtandnancy 01-07-2002 11:37 AM

nice response Greg, I like reading your comments now and then. Well, its off to lunch with with Fred Sr.