Have you seen this boat??? >

Have you seen this boat???

Notices

Have you seen this boat???

Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Have you seen this boat???

I few years ago I owned this boat and sold it to a guy in Virginia.This was before I knew of OSO. I was just wondering if anyone has seen it or if the owner is a member here.Its a 22 foot Stingray that had the bulkheads reinforced,cabin windows closed in and was running a 605 HP BB with an Alpha SS drive and I would like to see how the new owner has done with it.
Attached Thumbnails Have you seen this boat???-dcp03039.jpg   Have you seen this boat???-dcp03200.jpg   Have you seen this boat???-dcp03042.jpg  

Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

ttt
Old 02-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There was a boat similar to that around the Northern VA area, just south of DC. I remember it having a BBC, but unsure of drive. Did it have a windshield at one time? The one I am thinking of was a vibrant shade of red, and someone had thrown flames on the front/sides.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Platinum re-rigged a small stingray with our 625......havent heard anything else about it, that was mid last year.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Boat never had a winshield since a tree fell onto the bow of the boat breaking the frame.The owner before me had the mishap with the tree and removed the winshield and at the same time glassed in the port hole windows and added a mid bulk head and also fiberglassed the seam.The guy I sold it to said he boated on the Potomac River but only owned a 20' Bayliner,he was tired of not being noticed so he wanted something loud and bright red.I think he found it.Keep up the search,I know the boat is out there.

Thanks Nordic95
Old 02-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
Boat never had a windshield since a tree fell onto the bow of the boat breaking the frame.The owner before me had the mishap with the tree and removed the windshield and at the same time glassed in the port hole windows and added a mid bulk head and also fiberglassed the seam.The guy I sold it to said he boated on the Potomac River but only owned a 20' Bayliner, he was tired of not being noticed so he wanted something loud and bright red.I think he found it.Keep up the search,I know the boat is out there.

Thanks Nordic95
I am pretty sure I talked to the guy that you sold it to, in November of last year. He had a Bayliner previously, and I think he fixed the windshield, and painted the flames on it too. It was hard to miss.

He did sell it, and I think its still in the Northern VA/Potomac River area. I will keep an eye out for it this season, although I don't boat there as much as I used to.