Notices

NXT Drive Problems ?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
So whats the deal with Konrads?......what is the difference between the 540 and the Ace and is there any topend loss compared to an XR or Imco extreme?
I know that the horsepower loss thru the #6 is slightly more than a Bravo and the NXT-1 is less than the Bravo. The Imco 1000 drive is horrible thats why there arent many out there so I'm told, The XR/IMCO Extreme VS The Konrad is an unknown to me with comparable power, the only West Coat boats that I know that are using them are a Skater 30 flatdeck with 700 Illmors and a 38 Eliminator with Med/Big power that Ive seen in Tahoe and Havasu
Old 02-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Bagged,light lay-up, poker run interior etc,etc,etc, you know the drill !!! It might be done for Desert Storm ? My buddy Ralph is doing his at the same time with 1100 Teagues/Quads/#6's 80 to 130 mph at warp10 He's propping it like Jensons boat ,,,all acceleration I was in your boat with 6 blade Herrings,how do the Merc 38's compare?
Debut at Desert Storm Then they should be starting your boat early/mid March. I spoke to Ralph at the LA Boat Show. 1100 Teagues

The 36 6-blade Herrings were nice. Handling, acceleration, everything. The 38 5-blades are bigger wheels so acceleration was obviously not as good but still incredible.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ClownRoyal
Debut at Desert Storm Then they should be starting your boat early/mid March. I spoke to Ralph at the LA Boat Show. 1100 Teagues

The 36 6-blade Herrings were nice. Handling, acceleration, everything. The 38 5-blades are bigger wheels so acceleration was obviously not as good but still incredible.
Are you sure about 36's? I thought they were the 39's off of DeFree's MTI,, Ralph and I met you at Windsor with Dave that day you were trying props
Old 02-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for all this great info guys. I have ran side by side with the ilmors in an Advantage and they ran great but have been heavily discouraged by everyone (builders and boat dealerships) here in the midwest to go Ilmor because they are so difficult to service and get parts. Is this true or is it going to be a problem(tools, access to parts, shipping, etc.)? thanks again Hammer
Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered

Are you sure about 36's? I thought they were the 39's off of DeFree's MTI,, Ralph and I met you at Windsor with Dave that day you were trying props
They were staggered 6-blade 36 Herrings. Yes, they are one of many sets of DeFrees's race props. That same day we also tried a pair of 6 3/4 5-blade Merc 39's.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes, thats when I did the side by side comp, the 700's also compensate for alltitude,,,I go to Lake Tahoe for a month in the summer 6300 ft, the 700's compensate to 4400 to around 4800 ft, I dont know if the 600's also do that
600s are the same with altitude compensation.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered

They were staggered 6-blade 36 Herrings. Yes, they are one of many sets of DeFrees's race props. That same day we also tried a pair of 6 3/4 5-blade Merc 39's.
so the final result was 16,5X38 Mercs? how was the midrange hit?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
Thanks for all this great info guys. I have ran side by side with the ilmors in an Advantage and they ran great but have been heavily discouraged by everyone (builders and boat dealerships) here in the midwest to go Ilmor because they are so difficult to service and get parts. Is this true or is it going to be a problem(tools, access to parts, shipping, etc.)? thanks again Hammer
there seems to be better Illmor/dealer support on the west coast,probably because there is more of them here. when they had the valve issues last summer I have to give Illmor credit that they really stepped up to the plate and sent out factory techs direct to handle the problems unlike Merc. I had a 07 38 Fountain with t-525's last summer and the port engine oil filter came loose @ around 5000rpm there was aprox 3 oz of oil left in that motor when I drained it and had it sent out for analylization, Merc says " run it and see what happens" this is 1 week before I go on vacation to Tahoe for 4 weeks .HOW WOULD YOU FEEL after spending 250k cash on a boat and 20k for my rental ?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

so the final result was 16,5X38 Mercs? how was the midrange hit?
Not bad at all. Mid-range is still phenominal. It is all about what you want. I would experiment with as many props you can get your hands on.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Not bad at all. Mid-range is still phenominal. It is all about what you want. I would experiment with as many props you can get your hands on.
are you hitting the rev-limiters? who's got props? Dave ,,,I dont know?

Quick Reply: NXT Drive Problems ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.