Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Carrera Power boats. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157403-carrera-power-boats.html)

JnT 07-17-2007 06:16 PM

I'm looking very serious at the smaller CC boats. Spectre,Concept and Carrera.
Someone should definitely get a shootout together. It would be nice to see a fair shootout with same power,same weight,same fuel load etc.
I also wish there were a sportsman's class at some of the offshore races for these type boats.
I'll shut up now.
Jim

Need a new thread for the performance CC boat shootout !

Jassman 07-17-2007 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2201191)
Well, I would like to seriously put this together and have a fair report done on these performance cc's. I will need the help in some other people to fairly pull this off. My thought process is working and I will start the evaluation form. We need to set a date and I will look into a hotel with dock space on the water as all boats need to be run on the same day and with in the same time space.

Carrera, yes all boats should be run full of fuel. I would like to not make this just a speed run as there is so much more to the performance of a CC.

Give me a call when you are ready, I will help any way I can. Jeff Jassby 228-216-0900 cell

CARRERA POWER BOATS 07-17-2007 07:09 PM

Mike sounds good to me, hopefully we can test them on a choppy day. Like you said "it's not just about speed". Cause any boat can mark high speeds with calm water and a good wind at it's back.

Latitude Powerboats 07-17-2007 10:01 PM

Count me in, but make it a little more than choppy please.
No less than 3 maybe 4 footers. I would like to dryness too.:cool:

FeverMike 07-17-2007 10:19 PM

To get some rougher seas in the gulf area we either need an on coming storm or wait till fall.

Latitude Powerboats 07-18-2007 06:24 AM

Come to North Miami, maybe we can revive Thunder-Boat Alley
or should we say Thunder-Condo Alley.

Jassman 07-18-2007 06:59 AM

Mike, hows end of Sept. thats when Im coming to pick up the 4300 Nortech, and Ill take a week off to help with the perf. trials. thanks Jeff

CARRERA POWER BOATS 07-18-2007 01:32 PM

OK, then i guess i'll pray to Posiden for a storm:rolleyes: . We just finished having are boats ran and tested by Hot Boat Mag. in the June issue (36' open 3/300 Merc.). There you can see what they think of the boats along with numbers. Mike and Mark if you didnt see it, send me an email with your address and i'll see if i can get you a copy.

Heathsp29 08-03-2009 10:24 PM

Just buy the 39 top-fish and stop playin around. If you want craftsmanship and function with performance then cigarette would be a great choice.

HTRDLNCN 08-03-2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Heathsp29 (Post 2924292)
Just buy the 39 top-fish and stop playin around. If you want craftsmanship and function with performance then cigarette would be a great choice.

ummm,,this thread died 2 years ago..