Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ever feel the need for a Bigger Boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157448-ever-feel-need-bigger-boat.html)

dykstra 05-06-2007 12:09 AM

wow

BBB725 05-06-2007 05:43 AM

In the Florida Keys I had our family out in a 16 foot jet boat when my daughter spots a couple fins breaking the waters surface. We went to see the dolphins and it was a 12 foot hammerhead shark! The thing was as long as the jet boat, that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.:eek:

yss 05-06-2007 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=LostinBoston;2117616there was that 9' Bull shark caught in St. Luis.[/QUOTE]

Never heard that one.

SLOWOUTBOARD 05-06-2007 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1063 lbs mako caught off the beach in destin last month

Jassman 05-06-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2117619)
while we were in Destin this year for the worlds my self ad a few friends decided to swim out to the sandbar to watch the races a bit closer. as my one buddy waded in he got about to his waist and stoped and said " ya know i dont think i like not being at the top of the food chain anymore . . . you guys go on. i'm stay'in on the beach" we kinda laughed an gave him a bit of chit about it. the next day we watched the race from Jokers (Brian H) condo on the 14th floor and we could see a few dark and somewhat large shapes moving around in the shallow parts . . . . .we were told by a local that sharks and large rays are pretty plentiful there. :eek:

We went fishing on a 56' boat for cobia, and what we saw as we went from Destin to Panama city was plenty of sharks swimming close to shores, you could see them crystal clear as everyone was swimming close to the beaches. I will never , never go out to deep, it makes me somewhat nervous even when at crab island after the poker run. Jeff

glassdave 05-06-2007 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we swam out to about here :eek: no do'in that again, we were quite a ways out actually about 1/2 the swim out was over head water and the sandbar was about waist deep.

MonsterDave 05-07-2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2118823)
we swam out to about here :eek: no do'in that again, we were quite a ways out actually about 1/2 the swim out was over head water and the sandbar was about waist deep.

Beautiful beach. Hard to relax and go out and enjoy it if you think you might get munched on!:eek:

Mark 05-07-2007 03:19 PM

A guy was bit by a bull shark at Naples Beach today :eek:

rainmn 05-07-2007 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another pic from the same article:

MonsterDave 05-07-2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn (Post 2119573)
Here's another pic from the same article:

Cool! Interesting text. Can't imagine getting attacked in the water. Helpless. No way to fight back.:(