Notices

Sit or Stand?

Old 01-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts
Question Sit or Stand?

Whats your preferance for Bolsters/Seats? For me i like to stand in mine. Use my legs as shock absorbers so to speak. But i have been on a few boats that dont have the drop outs. It was a nice ride but we werent in anything "hairy" to see what they were like. I have had a few VERY rough landings that hurt my insides! And i can imagine what it must feel like when sitting down! How do the pros handle pounding in the rough stuff in those big 46' cats sitting down? Or does the size of the boat kinda kill the big waves?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

ooooooohhhhhhh your talking about driving!!! I thought it was a gender thing!!!LOL I've got the bad back ..Stand up bolsters!!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:11 PM
Boating Fool

Depends on the boat. Like an outlaw 25 I prefer to sit. Driving my cousins 342, I prefer to stand and look over the windsheild because of the distortion.

Old 01-23-2002, 05:12 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standing of course!!! I've sat in the Cat Can Do Skater. The seat was real comfortable, and there was a really good foot support to brace against. You don't really "sit" in it. You are more or less "hugged" into it.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I like to sit. Only because I found that I tend to lock my knees. Which wouldn't be good during that hard landing when my legs became double jointed.
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I prefer to stand as well. Gives me a better overall view of what is around me plus I get a nice breeze off the fairing

About the only time I am sitting is if water conditions are smooth and we are just out cruising around.
Preferredstock

I prefer to stand. It's easier on this OLD body when things get bumpy. My wife would rather sit with feet on foot rests.

Old 01-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Standing is great for pleasure boats but sitting has much better control. I don't know how guys like Fast Eddie sit and take the pounding. In an boat with a canopy the key is to have a 5 point harness that is pulled so tight that there is no way your ass can leave the seat. As long as you move with the boat and have good firm padding, you never get beat up. Kinda like riding a horse.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Registered

My 22' Senza had sit down seats, and my 32' Pachanga has the drop down bolsters. I prefer to stand myself...
Old 01-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

When running longer trips, I'll set the boat to run nice and smooth and sit. If we run hard, I like to stand/slant. It's easier to cushion with my legs on hard landings. Although, you'd think as big as my ass is, it would be the other way around

Do guys in race boats wear jock straps? I can see how the need would arise. er uh..you know what I mean....bad choice of words....

Mark

Quick Reply: Sit or Stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.