Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
eBay boat shopping question >

eBay boat shopping question

Notices

eBay boat shopping question

Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=CNC;2287073]Lifes about risk.. EXACTLY, BUT BUYER BEWARE ASK alot of questions and hope for honest answers.Bought a boat & asked questions just were'nt honest answers i got .Brought 80,000.00 in a paper bag and while the old owner counted the $$$ we hooked up the boat ,and thought we were heading to the lake for a sea trial instead was given a prep sheet what the oil pressure,temp ,trim & drives were to be set at and informed no time to go to the lake have to catch a plane for florida .So we went to the lake the following day and 1 of the # 5 drives would'nt go in gear ,called the seller never answered his phone.7800.00 and 7 weeks later drive was fixed and boat was'nt as good as deal as i thought.thats when you wish you brought the 9 MM
Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Jigsaw89;2287000]Depending on the boat/situation, I'd make the sale contingent on a survey . Surveys are generally a great thing unless you find a survey company that is'nt 100% on the level and charges 1600.00 for a bad job. I Had a survey done by a local company only thing they found was some corrosion on battery hold downs, and fuel lines have a lil dry rot.sounds excellent NOT turns out the survey that was used was done for a previous buyer who did'nt pay so they changed dates on paperwork but not on pics and missed the leaky fuel tanks,and the missed the wett balsa & shoddy repair that was done and had to have $57000.00 worth of work to repair these oversights and boat was down for 5 mos.after calling the survey co they said there not liable you have to find the problem and notify them within 14 days of recieving survey .
GOOD LUCK
Old 09-27-2007, 06:14 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never seen a formula 38 reach the reserve. I use the high bid as a reasonable wholesale price and start negotiating from there. Some Auction state that the sale is contingent on a survey but not all. I ask for exclusions before the end of the auction and save the sellers response.

rjr