Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo...  Holy Quickness! >

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Notices

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

OK, enough of the PWC griping. I don't like some(many) of the operators as well. The family that owns this one has had numerous boats including a couple turbine powered cats; and accordingly, they know what they are doing.

My post was just to comment on how wild that particular ski is. If you get the opportunity to squeeze the throttle on one, DEFINITELY do it.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you know what they say, boost is replacement for displacement Those Supercharged Seadoos are quick!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
PWC's are fairly inexpensive and the average idiot that wants to get on the water can afford one so us boaters are always going to have to deal with them.

Idiots are idiots- on a PWC or a boat. At least PWC's (unless rigged otherwise) you have to wear lanyards and vest.
I believe there is a little known "watercraft food chain" .Boaters hate jet skiers because they don't know the rules of the water and just cut everybody else off.Worst offenders-Rental skis.(although easy to recognize with their $8 life jackets).But I have a friend with a 50' Sportfishing boat in Newport who hates "go fast" boats because of the same thing-they don't know the rules of the water,cut people off and come up to him 25 miles out in the ocean to ask for directions back to the harbor,how irresponsible. I wonder if large cruise ships and tankers hate yachts because "they don't know the rules of the water and cut everybody off etc.etc.etc." Mike
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
OK, enough of the PWC griping. I don't like some(many) of the operators as well. The family that owns this one has had numerous boats including a couple turbine powered cats; and accordingly, they know what they are doing.

My post was just to comment on how wild that particular ski is. If you get the opportunity to squeeze the throttle on one, DEFINITELY do it.
Go ahead.....throw an empty beer bottle at me! I deserve it at this point. Sorry for the thread drift. [
Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastinger
Go ahead.....throw an empty beer bottle at me! I deserve it at this point. Sorry for the thread drift. [
Plickkkuppp............damn, it bounced off your head man!

Have any of you all tried the 430 HP speedster sport boat, guy over on greenhulk has a modded one turning better than 74MPH, seems as if it gets faster every week also. I'm waiting to read the post one day that says............"My hull split wide open and I can't figure it out??"
Old 10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't ya just hate it when you get beat in your big azz, loud, high performance boat by a Sea Doo?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
I wonder if large cruise ships and tankers hate yachts because "they don't know the rules of the water and cut everybody off etc.etc.etc." Mike

They sure do. Especially ones that tie off to lobster pots in the hudson canyon, or anchor at night in shipping lanes. A 100'+ yacht/SF is no match for a frighter coming into NY harbor in the middle of the night.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

I grew up in Annapolis, My friends and I, many others too, would get flipped off by sailboaters on a regular basis. I guess some people have to pick on somebody. You can buy tee shirts there that say "save the day, sink a sailboat"
Jim

Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 10-01-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

And there is plenty of stupid big performance boaters
out there annoying people. I can't believe people
in high visibility equipment doing some of the stupid thing
I've heard of and seen.

Pesky Varmint

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
First I'd like to say..........there is just as many "stupid" boat owners out there as it is PWC owners and operators. Its all a matter of what you like, we have two here and boats as well. We can't sit here and call every PWCer an idiot and every boat owner an idiot either, cause they both have an abundance of their own.......but to come right out and hate a PWC or its operator is wrong as hell.

Back to the subject, the RXP is a monster, my son's girlfriend has one and it is real quick. Not all sure what they have done to it, but 71 MPH in light chop is not hard to achieve by any means. The acceleration is unreal, I still like my yamahas though.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Don't ya just hate it when you get beat in your big azz, loud, high performance boat by a Sea Doo?
bring it on......had a bunch of people out in my boat one day and a guy in a sea doo comes up beside....were running about 55.......some people in the boat say...."Oh look, that little thing can go as fast as this!"......swear to god 10 seconds later we pass 2 big Sea Rays going the opposite way.......well!! we hit those wakes and skip over them, the guy in the sea doo gets COMPLETLY out of control, does a huge violent tank slapper and almost went over the bars!........the people in my boat are going OMG!!!......needless to say we didnt see any more of him.....

Quick Reply: Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.