Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo...  Holy Quickness! >

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Notices

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck183
Keytime, I knew I liked you when I talked to you the other night. Now I know why.

A Blaster is the ONLY sit down craft you will ever catch me riding. It's a true rider's machine. I can sit on my couch and squeeze a throttle just like everyone else but I choose not to.

Buck
Hey, Buck! I have two Blasters and looking at a possible third... a clean '96 with a Factory Pipe. Trying to get my riding buddies to overcome their lame factors and each buy one of these things. We'll see.

I'll have to be fair and say that my g/f's '96 SeaDoo GTX has been pretty good. I've replaced the fuel gauge sensor in it and some various body parts I've blown off the thing in the Gulf of Mexico surf and LOTO main channel chop. I thought I was the one taking the abuse, but apparently the GTX didn't like all that pounding. I had to reglass some supports under the hood as well.
I'm not a big couch fan, but I must admit that hauling on one on Memorial Day Weekend main channel chop for miles trying to keep up with a 1000hp 31' IMP Eleganza is a pretty bada$$ challenge. I've done 40 miles of that on my Blaster before and it is pure torture. Not too bright, but helluva workout for enduros, though.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris288

Sea-puke or sea-bomb as you refer to them has put a lot of ski's out in the market for being junk. Now maybe I am the exception but zero problems with three supercharged ski's with a great number of hours on them. Bottom line is if you dont like them dont buy one period. Again I have owned other brands of ski's, have you?

Who cares anyway it is just another way to get out on the water and have some fun. If I find a better ski (which I haven't) than I will buy one, until then I will keep my seadoo's that have not cost me a penny and smoke almost everything on the water!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mjpcowboy
Chris288

Sea-puke or sea-bomb as you refer to them has put a lot of ski's out in the market for being junk. Now maybe I am the exception but zero problems with three supercharged ski's with a great number of hours on them. Bottom line is if you dont like them dont buy one period. Again I have owned other brands of ski's, have you?

Who cares anyway it is just another way to get out on the water and have some fun. If I find a better ski (which I haven't) than I will buy one, until then I will keep my seadoo's that have not cost me a penny and smoke almost everything on the water!

I never said they were junk, pisses me off that you spend 10K+ on a ski, get 4 hours of use and the super-charger clutch lets loose, get it fixed and with 8 hours on the ski the entire super-charger goes BOOM taking out the SC impeller and housing. Then if you get an inexperienced owner that does not know that Sea-puke only pays to clean the screen and replace the ceramic washers with the same ceramic junk, that his motor could blow a rod through the side causing 4K worth of damage,,, probably right after their warranty is up..

The early 951 motor was a nightmare with water ingestion, starter bendix taking out the stator and nevermind trying to take the poorly designed pipe off, that was a two hour job and required 3 different tools for the manifold bolts alone. The 700 and 800 were great motors and sea-doo has had some great handling hulls over the years, it's their piss poor customer service and attituted towards fixing sombody's 10K machine under warranty correctly..

And as far as owning one,,, NEVER ever again would I give my hard earned money to BRP.. You couldn't give me one of their sh!t box ski's again, same goes for their snowmobile line, great sleds when they are running

Like you said,, to each their own,,, this happens to be my opinion and the opinion of the other dozen or so people I ride with 3 times a week...

Last edited by Chris288; 10-04-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Chris288, my buddy who is a sea-doo mechanic (well actually is yamaha but is sea-doo trained as well) hates working on sea-doo and said the same thing about the washers. He couldn't belive they built something like that, but boy you should ahve seen there big 4x4 fourwheeler they built to, sometthing in the clutch wasn't up to the task.

Not putting down sea-doo, i have had some....and mjpcowboy you must have gotten lucky on that one...because sea doo just droped the ball on that one part.

now me, i just aquired a beauty of a thing. 90 Stand up 550, just can't kill those things, i know i tried for 7 years finally sold it when i went to college. now i can live out my younger years again. I got the boat to go fast, the ski is for playing around.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two supercharged Sea Doos, both heavily modded, a 04 RXP with Riva's stage 3 kit with the exception of the supercharger, I have the Rude Performance unit which is hands down the baddest one available! The Riva kit with this supercharger makes over 300 hp! This ski does 82-83 gps and 0 to 60 in the three's! As for the washer issues the failures are minimal compared to the number that dont have failures, I have never had a washer fail nor has anyone in my area that I know of. I enjoy all my water toys, two Fountains, two Sea Doo's and a Crest 26' pontoon with a Mariner 150. The latest thing now for the supercharged Sea Doo's is a turbo setup! It replaces the supercharger and can be set up to make up to 22lbs of boost, there are quite a few now running in the 90's and I know of a guy that has run 97 gps! It just a matter of time before someone breaks 100!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Yamaha's answer? the 2008 FX SHO (and FX Cruiser SHO)

Like T-O says, "getcha ready"
Old 10-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ToTheMax
Yamaha's answer? the 2008 FX SHO (and FX Cruiser SHO)

Like T-O says, "getcha ready"
Yamaha definitely has a good product, once the aftermarket gets going the SHO models will be be contenders for the fastest pwc but it will be several years before that happens. All the major PWC maunfacturers have a "handshake" agreement with the USCG to limit stock pwc speeds to under 70 mph so the battle now will center on acceleration, Sea Doo will most likely remain in the lead with the new RXP-X though.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by INDY27
I have two supercharged Sea Doos, both heavily modded, a 04 RXP with Riva's stage 3 kit with the exception of the supercharger, I have the Rude Performance unit which is hands down the baddest one available! The Riva kit with this supercharger makes over 300 hp! This ski does 82-83 gps and 0 to 60 in the three's! As for the washer issues the failures are minimal compared to the number that dont have failures, I have never had a washer fail nor has anyone in my area that I know of. I enjoy all my water toys, two Fountains, two Sea Doo's and a Crest 26' pontoon with a Mariner 150. The latest thing now for the supercharged Sea Doo's is a turbo setup! It replaces the supercharger and can be set up to make up to 22lbs of boost, there are quite a few now running in the 90's and I know of a guy that has run 97 gps! It just a matter of time before someone breaks 100!
Who makes your turbo kit?

Also it seems like the pump would be completely undersized for these speeds, including the housing, no?

Michael
Old 10-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Michael,
The turbo is a Garrett, cant remember which model right now but if you want to learn more about it go here. I am not running this setup..........yet!

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41201