Notices

Finally.....

Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steve. Getting a Gun right now just wasn't feasable for either of us. I know you really wanted us to get one but the insurance alone was a deal killer. We think we made the right decision for both of us at this time of our lives. In a couple of years we will probably move up to a Gun but for now we ride in red!!!!

Talk to you soon,
Chuck

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
I was looking forward to having another Top Gun to play around with........now I'll have to keep an eye ought for the red Scarab.

It looks real nice.....congrats!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

You'll be very happy with your Nextrail/Scarab combo. I've got your little brother.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Thanks Fresh...Is the trailer a good quality? I spoke to the owner of Nextrail at length about these trailers and I was very impressed by all of the high quality materials they use on they're trailers. It better be good cause we will be towing about 10800 lbs almost 1000 miles....

Chuck
Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
Thanks Fresh...Is the trailer a good quality? I spoke to the owner of Nextrail at length about these trailers and I was very impressed by all of the high quality materials they use on they're trailers. It better be good cause we will be towing about 10800 lbs almost 1000 miles....

Chuck
Mine weighed 11500 on the trailer with an empty gas tank. We weighed it on the CAT scale at the truck stop. Aluminum might save a couple pounds. Buy electric brakes on all 3 axels. You won't be dissapointed. I had really good luck with mine.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Registered

The trailer we ordered has electric brakes on all 3 axles and is rated for 16000 lbs. It weighs 1620 lbs and the boat , from what I have read, weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 9100 - 9400 lbs. I will post some pics when I pick it up and let everyone know how it tows.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

The Nextrail is a great trailer if you aren't prepared to buy something like a Manning or Myco. I pulled our Scarab home 500 miles without any problems whatsoever. Now, the boat only weighs about 4250lb with a full tank, but still, the trailer performed great. I only got brakes on the front axle, but it stops just fine with my boat on it. I upgraded to LED lights for literally a hundred bucks and the whole trailer really looks sharp. You'll be pleased. I'd buy another.

Love your new boat btw, hope to own a bigger Scarab one day. Maybe a brand new one, but I'm probably not supposed to say anything about that . . . heh.

Rob
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered

Thanks Rob. We looked at a couple of Mannings & Mycos but for a used one we would have had to pay more than a brand new Nextrail.

Another thing that swayed us to a Nextrail is that they are the "Official" trailer manufacturer for Wellcraft. They must be very nice trailers to have that contract!!!

We figured we would be better off with a brand new custom made trailer as opposed to a older used one that wasn't set up for this particular boat.

We paid $6k for a custom all aluminum tri-axle with electric brakes on all 3 axles, all stainless hardware, and LED lights. That is a deal we couldn't pass up. Overall I have to say the purchase of the boat and the trailer went very smooth. My brother and I couldn't be happier.

Take care,
Chuck

A few more pics.....enjoy.

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
The Nextrail is a great trailer if you aren't prepared to buy something like a Manning or Myco. I pulled our Scarab home 500 miles without any problems whatsoever. Now, the boat only weighs about 4250lb with a full tank, but still, the trailer performed great. I only got brakes on the front axle, but it stops just fine with my boat on it. I upgraded to LED lights for literally a hundred bucks and the whole trailer really looks sharp. You'll be pleased. I'd buy another.

Love your new boat btw, hope to own a bigger Scarab one day. Maybe a brand new one, but I'm probably not supposed to say anything about that . . . heh.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Finally.....-7.jpg   Finally.....-11.jpg   Finally.....-8.jpg  

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

We finally picked up the Scarab this past weekend. We love it!!!! This boat is cherry. She needs a good cleaning and some minor things need to be done but overall a very sweet ride. Here's a few pics we took.....
Attached Thumbnails Finally.....-11.jpg   Finally.....-12.jpg   Finally.....-6.jpg  

Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

more...
Attached Thumbnails Finally.....-8.jpg   Finally.....-9.jpg   Finally.....-3.jpg  

Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

few more..
Attached Thumbnails Finally.....-1.jpg   Finally.....-5.jpg   Finally.....-hpim2903.jpg  

Quick Reply: Finally.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.