Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

even if the post is deleted I dont think it matters, the post has been quoted by several people and will still show up.....
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the worst things you can do is turn a hobby into a business!!

Also you can't go into a business with the intention of doing people a favor!!!

I know Fred started with good intentions but it blew up in his face. He was always good to me and I hope he can make good with those with outstanding orders. I knew something was drastically wrong when he did not respond to this thread, and some of the others.

He used to be an Icon on this board. When this is over I hope he will come back!!

Fred, I wish you well!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Joy,

Never been a client, never will. Wouldn't want to stress you out while you make a living off me. Your post offends past and future clients is was totally off the wall.

When you hang out your shingle in any business the clients become a priority. Now if this was a hobby that was done for free/ small profit (like how Fred started) then maybe you could write a letter like that but not if that is your business.

Good luck in your future ventures, maybe get a desk job warehouse where you have no phones, no clients, no hassle and best of all no money!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default my $.02

I have never purchased anything from Fred so I guess without any first-hand experience, my opinion has less value than those of you that have dealt with Fred however........

I applaud Joy for trying to stand up for her father and defending him. Its obvious that something is wrong and the human side of all of us hope that he and his family get through the situation, whatever it might be. I have seen the threads on OSO talking about the personal losses he and his family have suffered so from that perspective, I would be willing to bet that everyone here feels for him and his family and wishes nothing but good for all of them. I know I do.

Joy, while I understand why you posted what you did, I think you did more harm than good. We all know that people who buy these boats (and the stuff that goes with them) are for the most part affluent, and used to getting what they want. They don't mind spending the money, just give them what they bargained for. What they don't want is to spend the money and then get jacked around. They don't want to attempt communication and get no answers. All they want is to be treated like the customer that they are. Very simple.

Joy, most of us pick and choose the business we get into. I know of no business that doesn't have the problems you described in your post; complaining customers, middle-aged rich guys (or girls), uneducated customers, whatever. I'm guessing that no-one held a gun to your fathers head and forced him to open Trick. If the shine has worn off and he no longer has a passion for the business, thats fine. But if you think that customers will stand for no communication, not recieving their orders or confusing meassages, you are kidding yourself. And again, while I understand how you would be pissed by reading this thread, the last thing you should have done was to badmouth the people who have supported Fred in the past.

If I was your father, the first thing I would do is sit down with my daughter Joy and compose an explaination/apology; post it pubically and then go about the business of making everything right. In my world, communication is everything and I see no reason why all of these problems can't be addressed with some simple communication.

Good Luck to all of you
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Im glad to see this tread warning others of trick marine. The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago and I ended up having to cancel my order thru my credit card company because my parts did not show up and I could not get any response from Fred or James.
After I cancelled my order with my cc company I started a thread here warning others of my dealings with trick marine. Many of you chimed in with simular complaints then my tread was removed.
I understand that things happen in life but its no excuse for the lack of communication from trick marine. I will NEVER order from trick marine again!!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a dealer for everything Fred sold. I do it as a hobby & for my friends. I've been thinking of starting a real business with it, but at what point does it stop being fun & start being a pain in the a$$?
When you stop letting it be fun. If it ain't fun, it ain't for me.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

I can appreciate a daughter defending her father but ...

The moment Trick took payment on its first order it ceased being Fred's "hobby" and became a business. Was there some kind of big disclaimer with every order with Trick that said, "Hey, this is just my hobby, you might not get what you ordered?" Of course not.

As for difficult customers, please. If you only want to deal with "easy" customers your business will fail. The higher-end the product, the more demanding your customers tend to be--and have every right to be. Plenty of companies have dealt with high-performance boat customers for many years, and been quite successful, despite how "difficult" their client base might be.

Don't know Fred, don't know Joy, but I do know that Joy's post was an error in judgement.

As Michael Corleone said, "It's business. Just business." Being popular on a message board is no substitute for providing the goods and services your customers pay for. But it probably bought Trick Marine some time.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Joy, Delete your post... your father does not deserve that, and anyone who has spoke to either Fred or James or has ever met them, knows damn well that is not there feelings.

So much for a second generartion of Trick Marine.

Joy has also forgotten the 100 or so posts wishing Fred well awhile back went he was ill.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Schew, deleting it won't go much good considering it's been quoted 5 times now.......

Wow, I've never ordered from Trick, I'm not rich and spoiled enough I suppose? I agree with the majority of post after Joy's though, if you aren't happy in business CLOSE SHOP, but running it into the ground (the way it sounds here) has got to be harder on everyone in the long run.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

l

Nice. Just what does it say about ethics when you hide behind your child.

If Fred really gave a schatt about any of his spoiled wrotten, whiney customers, he never would have taken their money in the first place. He would have admitted that Trick Marine could not deliver as promised.
He would be a man, step up and offer a full explaination to those who have posted here and on other sites that they have been charged money and not had goods delivered of money refunded.

I smell mail fraud charges coming if Fred doesn't step up and do what is right.

now, on a personal note:

Fred, you sure had alot of nerve PUBLICLY attacking Offshore Drillin and the SBRT boys over the Big DISHONEST, MONEY SCAMMING Scotty dealio with Gino.

Just what makes you any different at this exact moment than the illustrious BS?

How many THOUSANDS of dollars have you taken from members without delivering the goods? Less than Scotty did? More? Does it really matter? It sure as heck should.

You took members money for product that was never delivered. You or your staff LIED about the product, its delivery schedule and when all else failed, the refunding of monies owed.

Sounds like DISHONESTY to me.

Now your daughter comes on OSO in a very failed attempt to defend you and Trick Marine and only makes things look worse than they already appeared. Just what the heck is that all about?

Are you trying to generate sympathy just as Big Scotty did with his poor Racheal thread? Is that how you want to resolve these very serious issues?

I had reserved my judgement on you during the unfolding of this thread until your daughter had the balls to post as she did. Too bad hers are apparently bigger than yours right now.

Signed in disgust
a former customer of Trick Marine.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.