Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can anyone in Cincinnati help ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175421-can-anyone-cincinnati-help.html)

10x 12-14-2007 07:41 PM

Brian, what kind of info do you need to finish the boat?? Whatever it had in it before, does'nt do you any good now. Just build your motors and stuff em in it and take it out and play. :D

jdnca1 12-14-2007 07:42 PM

Grand Prix marine went under in 2005, I believe. Rumor was the owner just skipped town...and left all to be liquidated and moved by someone else...Like others have stated, I don't know that boats history but definately remember seeing it around.

bouyhunter 12-15-2007 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was going through some old pictures on my computer today, and stumbled on some pics of the Cinci PR from 2006.
I was only there at the launch, and then went up to the Levee to see everyone running back.
I saw this pic, and remembered your post.
Can't offer anymore info as to the boat, or the owner, but it's always cool to have pics of your boat.

Mark 12-15-2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by jdnca1 (Post 2372377)
Grand Prix marine went under in 2005, I believe. Rumor was the owner just skipped town...and left all to be liquidated and moved by someone else...Like others have stated, I don't know that boats history but definately remember seeing it around.

Wow! :eek:

wananewboat 12-15-2007 02:26 PM

If you are saying it was in New Hampshire at one time, you can try Silver Sands Marina in Gilford, NH. He is the Fountain dealer in NH.

FtnDlr 12-15-2007 03:23 PM

Wow....just by chance I have stopped by OSO and find that there are still old rumors around. Grand Prix was shut down on 12/31/2005. I had plans to move to Indy because Amy was pregnant and it would be better for us with a new child. (she is from Indy) Nobody "skipped town" or anything like that. We lost the baby and everything fell apart shortly after. Thats all. No drama, just the personal stuff. I am in Cincy and never left, Brokering, racing and selling MTI. Let me tell ya....I am very glad NOT to have that store right now. Times would be hard.

I have the entire history of the 38 you are asking about. I sold it several times. Great boat. Please private message me and I will give you my number. I wish everyone a very happy holidays.

Mark 12-15-2007 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by FtnDlr (Post 2373124)
Wow....just by chance I have stopped by OSO and find that there are still old rumors around. Grand Prix was shut down on 12/31/2005. I had plans to move to Indy because Amy was pregnant and it would be better for us with a new child. (she is from Indy) Nobody "skipped town" or anything like that. We lost the baby and everything fell apart shortly after. Thats all. No drama, just the personal stuff. I am in Cincy and never left, Brokering, racing and selling MTI. Let me tell ya....I am very glad NOT to have that store right now. Times would be hard.

I have the entire history of the 38 you are asking about. I sold it several times. Great boat. Please private message me and I will give you my number. I wish everyone a very happy holidays.

Hi Mike. Glad to hear the rumor was not true. But sorry you closed Grand Prix Marine. Sorry to hear about the baby too.:(
So, MTI - you devil! Power to ya! Now I'm really jealous! I doubt you remember me, but I used to stop by your old location on the river quite a bit to drool on the boats. I almost bought an older blue Formula 311 you took in on trade. You were always courtious with your time and knowledge. I'll have to stop by your new location? when I get back to the Nati.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Mark

bob_t 12-15-2007 06:40 PM

Hi Michael!!

Last summer I called Michael and told him I was interested in selling my boat (35 twin step) and asked if he knew anyone that may be interested. About a week or two later he called me on Wednesday and said he was bringing some folks down to look at it on Saturday (the boat and I were in Raleigh, NC at that time). They showed up Sat afternoon, the people liked the boat, Michael handed me a certified bank check and they left with the boat, trailer and titles! No problems, no drama, no nothing!

Michael, hope is well, Merry Christmas, and hope to see you again!

Take care,
Bob

bouyhunter 12-16-2007 10:19 AM

I'm assuming Grand Prix is the place that used to be up in Fairfield - is this correct??
I'd been in there a few times, and thought I'd heard it closed, wasn't sure.
I've been in the Cinci area for 5 years now (can't believe it's been that long...) but I don't get out much - work and home is about all I see.
I haven't found much for boating type store's and boneyards around this area - not at all what I was used to in NW Ohio.

DEFYN GRAVITY 12-16-2007 01:41 PM

Mike, Whatz up? How are things going? Staying warm? See you South Beach, nice and warm & a cold beer!!!!!!! Robbie & Chris