Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does this advertisement piss anyone else off? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176211-does-advertisement-piss-anyone-else-off.html)

fund razor 12-28-2007 07:26 AM

Just needs to shove it back over with another truck. No biggie.
:D

Dock Holiday 12-28-2007 07:36 AM

Nope it does not bother me at all.

I got the issue yesterday and laughed when I saw it.

Boats fall more under the catagory of automobiles then homes and you see commericials all the time of car wrecks and how they rebuild the car.

Some people just are in over their heads on towing and these pictures remind us of what can happen and how we need to have the right equipment.

Happy New Year

damdonzi 12-28-2007 07:57 AM

Might be time to switch to decaf....:D

Chris Sunkin 12-28-2007 08:10 AM

Allstate's ads are all video of staged auto accidents. Mostly showing people doing stupid things- almost exclusively involving lack of attention.

The boat sitting next to the trailer is pretty mild compared to what I've seen over the years on the highway and especially on the water or at the ramp.

Sydwayz 12-28-2007 08:14 AM

It did not make me come unglued... but still.

1/2 ton truck (5 lug wheels) with what appears to be a big ass boat that is 10' wide; I'm guessing its over 7000 lbs.
Trailer hitch does not appear to be set up right. (Truck squat, and drop hitch too low.)
Does not appear to have any rear straps.

Whew, at least he invested in the towing mirrors.

I'm not a Boat U.S. insurance customer, but those are EASILY preventable mistakes. I would "come up out of my chair" if I was a Boat U.S. insurance customer, over an advertisement like that.

ciaoderhead 12-28-2007 08:18 AM

Chill out and relax. :cool-smiley-027:Spring will be here soon enough

Sydwayz 12-28-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2385325)
Allstate's ads are all video of staged auto accidents. Mostly showing people doing stupid things- almost exclusively involving lack of attention.

RIGHT; I thought of that too, and I like the concept. They are showing you what NOT to do, and selling their wares by rewarding you for NOT being stupid (exampling those stupid things).

The Boat U.S. ad is totally different.

Knot 4 Me 12-28-2007 08:20 AM

What about the new Toyota ads showing people committing insurance fraud in order to get a new Toyota? That should have your panties in a bunch way more than this.

ciaoderhead 12-28-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 2385339)
What about the new Toyota ads showing people committing insurance fraud in order to get a new Toyota? That should have your panties in a bunch way more than this.

Those are great ads. I like the one burried in the snow drift

Clay Washington 12-28-2007 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2385267)
yea . . . an thank god we dont have any of 'em around here :D:D

Now that's funny right thar! :D