Notices

New HD TV Help Please...

Old 01-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard there is less than a hand full of stations that broadcast HD signal. It seems like alot of money for something you can't get.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

By 2006 you will want HDTV.....but not till then...only a couple are broadcasting this now......
Old 01-14-2002, 04:00 PM
Registered

IMHO, your best bet is the Toshiba 57" HDTV Monitor or the Toshiba 65" HDTV Monitor

Good Luck!
Old 01-14-2002, 07:28 PM
FWK

I guess if you don't need or want to buy a TV it would be a bad investment but with most DVD s recorded in 16:9 and with the new progressive scan players you can take advantage of the higher quality picture buy a HD ready TV and also the widescreen format that is much superioor viewing than 4:3. The only problem is that the companies that produce all of the movies on to DVD have no stadard as to the size and as a result some movies still leave a letter box. Some TVs have the ability to have these settings adjusted and others don't. Forrest

Old 01-14-2002, 07:43 PM
fermin

**** Pioneer Elite Series ****
This is what all high end dealers in my area say. So that's what I have. Can't complain either.

joey O

Old 01-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Forest makes a good point about the sizing being better with DVD. One thing to remember if you have a Progressive scan DVD player and a HDTV with a scaller in it you have to turn off the Progressive scan feature in your DVD player. Or find a input into the TV that DOES NOT SCAN. You will not get a picture. As far as what channels are available that depends on your market. In Boston we have about 8 channels of HDTV that operate at any given time. 5 that are on almost non stop. When you swap back to SD image you will want to claw your eyes out.

Jon
Old 01-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The TV's with the HD tuner built in have the satelite tuner also. They will pick up signals from sat., cable and roof ant. I have the add on HD tuner and it is a lot more messing around with remotes.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

AudioFn, As I said earlier I just got a Panasonic 47" HDTV widescreen. I have been told that I need the DVD player with progressive scan to get the very best picture. Is this true?? What do you recommend? As far as DVD players. So far I have looked at a Panasonic at Best Buy.

Thanks, Eric
Old 01-15-2002, 12:30 AM
FWK

Eric the panasonic is a nice DVD. One thing I would have done to your TV is to have someone come out and reconverge it as they come from the factory needing a lot of adjustment. This is not the convergence that you can get to either. I have this done for every Panasonic I sell and it makes a tremendous diferrence. The best part is that panasonic pays for it. The company I use here spends 2+ hours doing this. Forrest

Old 01-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CheckmateF1: THe panasonic with the progressive scan, the model number is currently not comeing to me, is a great peice. You get it for its flexibility and picture quality (there is none better for even a lot more money) Panasonic DVD and DSS units are based on quality of picture and they are doing a good job with them. It is possible that that Plasma you have has a input that will not scale the image and this will allow you do use the progressive scan. I believe that actually all the imputs are none scalled on that piece but not 100% sure. For going rate of btwn 500-700 on that DVD player it is a great piece I highly recommend it. The Panasonic DSS unit is good but MAKE SURE YOU LIKE THE MENU's. They are slow as crap and bother most people. The Sony DSS is good but you do not get 720p output!!! 720p is the prefered meathod of watching HDTV as it has the highest scan rate and has less motion problems. 1080i is the second best and 480p is the leaste, however it still looks great. I have a Loewe tv set at home that I have running 480p and wow what a picture. When you get larger you really need the extra scan rate. So you need to know what your pannel is capable of producing when guying a HDTV box. Most will do 1080i, only a few will do 720p, and less will do them all. Like I said you guys have my number feel free to call any time you want and I will help you out as much as I can. (978) 985-0639

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.