Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details?? >

Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Notices

Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Old 03-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screwed 2

Originally Posted by marinaseeker
Don't know who to believe about Chris, or Premier. But I cant feel sorry for Passport Marine. From what I hear, they have been imploding themselves. They always had the lousiest service in the industry. They are shutting down most of their locations. Can't pay their bills. They are stuck with millions in new and overpriced used inventory so they could reach that "#1" dealer status. They wanted to own the world. Yeah. They screwed their investors, screwed their employees, they mislead their customers, and they ripped-off many of their vendors. Hell, they didn't even pay the guy who supplied their showrooms decorative plants! He had to repossess the damn plants! They had some great Formula service techs for years at Hi-Lift. They all left and went to TNT and other service facilities. So if this Chris guy did do what he is accused of, maybe there is a little "what goes around comes around " in the mix.
Was at the Palm Beach show. Formula had a display of authorized Florida dealers up. Saw Walkers Marine. No Passport Marine.
Well, someone got it right. Passport Marine/Hi-lift owe me about five grand in fiberglass work I did for them back in October-November. Everyone you deal with there is fired the next time you need to speak to them. I was dealing with some operations guy for Passport. DJ was his name. No longer there. I would be real careful doing third party work for these guys. They come on real great and smiley when you first get involved with them and then WHAM! Especially service. I dont know what kind of experience this Frank guy has in running service departments, but its not easy to make money even if things are good. Being an outside service outfit will be even harder. But I will tell you, this company screwed me, and plenty of others I know. They were all walking around like hot shots when things were smokin'. Not so much any more.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

These are the guys who were always running around bragging that they were the #1 Formula dealer and were telling all their employees that they would all be millionares with Passport Stock and have 500 locations in five years. They were gonna be another Marine Max. The Mechanics at TNT who used to work there tell me this. Typical Dillusional BS. Have you noticed that all the boat guys who think they are going to become overnight millionares are always the first ones to go out of business, or run out of money?

On another note, does anyone know who the dealer is now for Sessa marine? I understand they are no longer affiliated with Passport Marine. I would not do business with Passport, but if there is a change, I do have interest in a Sessa boat.
thanks.

Last edited by nathan neufield; 03-30-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

It's always fun when people talk to themselves

You posted some valid points - no need to have three screen names.
Attached Thumbnails Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??-ip.jpg  
Old 03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl

unbeleavable same url all 3 names. they made a movie SIBIL
Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Things arent always as they appear.......This is not the same person. We are two ex-employees of hi-lift, and one present customer of the marina. Two of us work at a Marine Business on Marina Mile, and One is a constant visitor. Yes, We were turned onto this site and thread by Marinaseeker.......we were asked to post. (Though I wanted to several months ago but didnt) but these posts are our own thoughts. There are others here who know this subject well and would post too. Some never heard of this site before. We only have one computer in this office (right now) But its not hard to find people to post on this subject if you ask them to.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

ok understand
Old 03-30-2008, 07:09 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is about Chris Flood.... Not a bashing of Passport...

You "all" are correct on the situation, Passport hurt and screwed a lot of employees (even my husband). As said above the world was promised to the employees from stock options down to even getting a service van....

We shouldn't stoop to their level - they will be gone soon, and most ex-employees will be at better jobs.... Most of the higher management were also fired, the leftovers are cleaning up the mess and closing up....

Let's move on.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For who wants to know. Frank is one HELL of a person and will always be. To bash Frank or his company that he has taken over is a NO-NO.I would beleive Frank before I would beleive anyone ELSE. Any questions ????
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
For who wants to know. Frank is one HELL of a person and will always be. To bash Frank or his company that he has taken over is a NO-NO.I would beleive Frank before I would beleive anyone ELSE. Any questions ????
You are misinformed. Frank did NOT take over Passport Marine. Passport marine is (was) a boat dealership. He has started his own company,Premier, which is an authorized dealer for Formula boat service. None of us that I am aware of has bashed Frank. Don't know the man.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl

Now that's funny!

Quick Reply: Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.