Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wow!  Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land! >

Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Notices

Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Holland last week and they pay 1.50 Euro per litre. This is 2.25 USD at almost 4 litres per gallon. Due the math on that one although I realize it is relative.

This is killing me. My primary driver is my diesel dually (whih I only have because of my boat) and I trailer mine each weekend.

Don't we have a stop the bleeding smiley? Someone needs to creat one of them...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Somebody PLEASE tell me where you can buy fuel for a boat cheaper than the the good 'ol US, and stop all this whinning!!! If you can't afford the boat, car, or SUV, then sell it and move to Canada where you can get free health care (IF YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR IT!)(Oh, and let me remind you that your taxes in Canada to subsidise fuel cost and health care are on average 52%). That's right!!! If you want to have that lifestyle, then keep supporting the activists that don't want to drill for fossil fuels in Alaska and Florida. OR - quit whinning and help people that make things happen for our cause AND OUR COUNTRY! Sorry to be so terse, but I know there are a lot of boaters out there that agree with this. Call me George Carlin if you want - then I can identify you as one of the WHINNERS! PLEASE NOTICE I SAID WHINNER, not

POSITIVE WINNER!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
Whatever it costs over there in your neck of the woods - try coming to Europe!!! Extortionate!!!!
True your gas is is higher, but in Europe & Canada don't you have Socialize Medicine that is paid in part by higher gas tax ? Here in the States I pay $1250.00 a month for Medical for myself and two son's, plus a high duductible. Medical cost are a big problem here, so there are many things to consider with the price of gas difference.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Satisfied One,

Hope this Country Shuts Down??? Only if Hillary or Obama get in. If they do, you will have your wish, because we won't have a county as you now it, where men and women fight for the right for people like you to have opinions like that, say stupid s**t like that and disrespect our military. I think I have the right to order a burger at McDonalds in ENGLISH. Don't EVEN get me started! I have a lot of friends in Iraq and AF, and Kuwait that talk to me every day and tell me that we are the best thing for the women, children, and good working men of those soon to be free countries. Please PM me so I can enlighten you.

Last edited by OshkoshThunder; 03-03-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Take note everyone this is what we have to look forward to if we get the Dems in office!!!
correct me if I'm rong but BUSH is an oil man (right)..........RECORD PROFFITS
Old 03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder
Satisfied One,

Hope this Country Shuts Down??? Only if Hillary or Obama get in. If they do, you will have your wish, because we won't have a county as you now it, where men and women fight for the right for people like you to have opinions like that, say stupid s**t like that and disrespect our military. I think I have the right to order a burger at McDonalds in ENGLISH. Don't EVEN get me started! I have a lot of friends in Iraq and AF, and Kuwait that talk to me every day and tell me that we are the best thing for the women, children, and good working men of those soon to be free countries. Please PM me so I can enlighten you.

Man did you have one to many this day you went off on your tangent? I just paid 3.949 for diesel here in Bloomington IL. The rest of your rant means nothing to me. I am NOT getting in to a political bash with you on here. Go lay down.. By the way I am a vet and the war is a piece of SHIIIT get out now
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Just saw it on CNN. A station on HWY 1 in California is charging $5.40 a gallon for gas. This can't be good
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Gas here in indiana today is
$3.5; 3.6, 3.7
Diesel 4.19

BTW diesel has been 4.15 to 4.19 here for more then two months. makes the better mileage they get go away.

Check this link out.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gassta...?zip=&src=Netx
Old 04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Just saw it on CNN. A station on HWY 1 in California is charging $5.40 a gallon for gas. This can't be good

Probably in Big Sur
Old 04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Take note everyone this is what we have to look forward to if we get the Dems in office!!!
Uh....take note who is in office now when it is happening!

Quick Reply: Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.