Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Aquired Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182549-fountain-aquired-baja.html)

Dock Holiday 03-24-2008 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by GoodTymn (Post 2497264)
:Score-101010:

Weren't the sponsors lined up for supporting the tour as well ?
I know some go to the PR's just to run with the tour boat. I was going to plan on one myself this year.

Yeah General Motors donated the truck for advertising.

T2x 03-24-2008 10:33 AM

This topic may be interesting to us, BUT............

Fountain's stock has done nothing since the announcement and is currently languishing at $1.40/ share with very little activity.......... as usual.

T2x

Baja_Bigdog 03-24-2008 10:43 AM

This whole thing is yet another example of "corporate greed" in America....this type of thing has been going on for years here in Michigan and is a major reason why this state's economy is in the dumper. Does anyone really believe that Brunswick cares one tiny bit that they are causing so much suffering in the lives of all the loyal employees at the Baja plant? Or that they have "stabbed in the back" all the proud owners of the Baja brand....let alone that they care if the poker run series goes forward or not!

Shame On You BRUNSWICK

On Time 03-24-2008 10:54 AM

Maybe they're just waiting to see how much hoopla will occur like an encore after a rock concert?

the1st41 03-24-2008 11:52 AM

Blame it on high gas prices, the economy, hell why not Mr Bush himself. It's not corporate greed, just the opposite, it's a fight for survival. Jobs were going to get cut at both factories now it's only at 1. (sorry Ohio!!!) Nature has no compassion but maybe the guys in NC will be kind enough to donate a portion of their incomes to the guys in Ohio......

Baja_Bigdog 03-24-2008 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by the1st41 (Post 2497400)
Blame it on high gas prices, the economy, hell why not Mr Bush himself. It's not corporate greed, just the opposite, it's a fight for survival. Jobs were going to get cut at both factories now it's only at 1. (sorry Ohio!!!) Nature has no compassion but maybe the guys in NC will be kind enough to donate a portion of their incomes to the guys in Ohio......

Sorry...but this has been a problem for many years....these corporation are not willing to ride out the bad times and prefer to bail at the first sign of slowing sales, yet they will pay out big CEO bonuses or pay huge contract buy-outs at the drop of a hat.....
http://www.behindthebuyouts.org/

AT&T CEOs are getting 70 percent raises, and consumer cable rates have soared, while service complaints are widespread, 14-year Broadband worker Dave Rippinger said. CEO bonuses are based on numbers, he said, and to get these numbers, "they want us to check things, but not fix anything."
http://www.pww.org/article/view/1231/1/83/

Maybe a BOYCOTT of all Brunswick products would show them that we won't stand for this kind of corporate mentality??

Racegirl3 03-24-2008 12:41 PM

I spoke with our Mayor this morning who has spoken to Reggie. Reggie hasnt decided anything about this plant. Brunswick is out but Reggie is waiting to see what kind of deals can be made to keep the plant here. There will be a meeting soon with the Mayor, City Service Director and some representatives for the County and State to see what kinda of deal can be reached to keep things going here.

We will be keeping our fingers crossed and saying some prayers that a deal can be reached. :bunny:

Dock Holiday 03-24-2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2497469)
I spoke with our Mayor this morning who has spoken to Reggie. Reggie hasnt decided anything about this plant. Brunswick is out but Reggie is waiting to see what kind of deals can be made to keep the plant here. There will be a meeting soon with the Mayor, City Service Director and some representatives for the County and State to see what kinda of deal can be reached to keep things going here.

We will be keeping our fingers crossed and saying some prayers that a deal can be reached. :bunny:

Thank you very much for the update and please keep us posted as you learn anything.

I really feel for the folks up there. All that I have spoken with are in shock.

Back4More 03-24-2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2497291)
Fountain's stock has done nothing since the announcement and is currently languishing at $1.40/ share with very little activity.......... as usual.

T2x

:Whatever:

Reggie is saving Baja and alls anyone can do is bash him...sad.

T2x 03-24-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2497617)
:Whatever:

Reggie is saving Baja and alls anyone can do is bash him...sad.

WTF!!!!!!

I took a moment to check the Wall Street Journal to determine the impact that this purchase may have had to the financial market. It had none. I didn't make that up and it is certainly not bashing.

Your nonsensical response about Reggie "saving" Baja is, at best, off base, and, in truth, naive. Nobody is saving anybody here. This is about business and whether or not it makes sense to keep the Ohio plant open, or maybe to string this along until the plant closing statutes and other considerations, like employee morale, expire.

The thin skin of some Fountain supporters never ceases to amaze me.

T2x