Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bahama Poker run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182594-bahama-poker-run.html)

Jassman 03-20-2008 06:34 PM

Bahama Poker run

Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff

THEJOKER 03-20-2008 06:39 PM

Take me and I'll be your fuel b i t c h-haha!:D I won't steal anything either!

Mbam 03-20-2008 08:08 PM

I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.

THEJOKER 03-20-2008 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mbam (Post 2493264)
I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.

Yea I've done it with a 20 mph NE Wind - never again!

LubeJobs42 03-20-2008 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2493107)
Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff

Hi Jeff,
It's beautiful once you get there. It can be horrible crossing over. The last 2 times I went, I made it about 15 miles offshore, turned around and flew over. Once your there if it gets crappy out, your stuck until it clears up!

Top Ven 03-20-2008 09:36 PM

Hi Jeff i am in S. Fla its been blowing here 4 days now, glad we dont need to have the boat out, should be nice this weekend
Mark

Jupiter Sunsation 03-21-2008 05:48 AM

Jeff I have done it twice in a 32 Sunsation with FPC. You will have absolutely no trouble running over in a 43 NT. Do the run, you will love it. It is shorter than a 2 hour run if the seas are calm, it is only about 50 miles.

Jassman 03-21-2008 07:44 AM

Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.:D

pbam22 03-21-2008 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2493680)
Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.:D

you are going to j-ville thats a great one:D

cowisl 03-21-2008 09:24 AM

We are thinking about doing it as well...