Like Tree0Likes

Bahama Poker run

Reply
Old 03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Bahama Poker run

Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
  #2
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Posts: 6,307
Default

Take me and I'll be your fuel b i t c h-haha! I won't steal anything either!
THEJOKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
  #3
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser
 
Mbam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Pompano Beach FL, USA
My Boats: 1972 Cigarette 36 race
Posts: 2,047
Default

I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.
__________________
Marc

www.mercruiserparts.com
www.go-fast.com
www.bammarine.com
www.cyborgtransmissions.com
It's alive -www.BoatStuffExpress.com - additional 10% discount for OSO members
Mbam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  #4
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Posts: 6,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbam View Post
I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.
Yea I've done it with a 20 mph NE Wind - never again!
THEJOKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
  #5
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff
Hi Jeff,
It's beautiful once you get there. It can be horrible crossing over. The last 2 times I went, I made it about 15 miles offshore, turned around and flew over. Once your there if it gets crappy out, your stuck until it clears up!
LubeJobs42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Top Ven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
My Boats: Nor-Tech 390 Sport CC
Posts: 417
Default

Hi Jeff i am in S. Fla its been blowing here 4 days now, glad we dont need to have the boat out, should be nice this weekend
Mark
Top Ven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:48 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,585
Default

Jeff I have done it twice in a 32 Sunsation with FPC. You will have absolutely no trouble running over in a 43 NT. Do the run, you will love it. It is shorter than a 2 hour run if the seas are calm, it is only about 50 miles.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 AM
  #8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
  #9
skater brother
Platinum Member
 
pbam22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: waggaman la
My Boats: 2012 32 fun deck skater 40 flatdeck skater, 30 eliminator fun deck, sea fox cc
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.
you are going to j-ville thats a great one
pbam22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Coast
My Boats: 1985 22' Velocity, 2003 38 Powerplay
Posts: 2,802
Default

We are thinking about doing it as well...
cowisl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BajaHammer
Poker Runs and Boating Events
0
07-17-2007 06:30 PM
XtremePowerboats.com
General Boating Discussion
1
07-25-2006 11:11 PM
papichulo_88
General Boating Discussion
0
06-13-2003 12:16 AM
papichulo_88
General Boating Discussion
0
05-30-2003 09:43 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.