Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain 2008 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186933-lake-champlain-2008-a.html)

Kanookstr 08-12-2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slinky (Post 2651277)
haha...boat looks good! but paying as much for a boat as i did for my house is not in the cards right now...some day hopefully!

wow !!!!!!!! houses are cheep in your neck of the woods. that wouldn't by me a lawnmower shed here lol....

Slinky 08-12-2008 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kanookstr (Post 2651934)
wow !!!!!!!! houses are cheep in your neck of the woods. that wouldn't by me a lawnmower shed here lol....

haha its not much of a house..only 1100sq ft

Pro5l 08-14-2008 11:15 AM

thanks everyone hope to meet you on water!

Slinky 08-14-2008 11:29 AM

I hope to get down to point au rouche this weekend! sunday looks to be nice...and even if saturday turns out to be like last saturday!

penbroke 08-14-2008 08:40 PM

The weather is finally looking better so we are heading towards Treadwell Bay this weekend. I have heard there is a good restaurant but not sure exactly where? Can anybody suggest a dog friendly spot to spend the night on the hook?

Thanks,
Frank

jpmac 08-15-2008 10:16 AM

Frank
There's the restaurant at the south end of Treadwell, at the Champlain Marina that has good grub (we ate there just last weekend....good ribs) and free dockage for dinners. You can check with them to confirm a place to crash. If not, had back down to Plattsburgh, to the Boat Basin (The Turtle) and the dockage at Clare & Carls rest (just opposite of the boat basin's gas docks). Plenty of room, free and we've over-nighted there several times this year. You can either grab breakfast at Clare & Carls or walk up the street a bit to the Corner Rest for a better breakfast (opens at 6am). There's even a place to walk your hound!!!

Slinky 08-15-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by jpmac (Post 2654342)
Frank
There's the restaurant at the south end of Treadwell, at the Champlain Marina that has good grub (we ate there just last weekend....good ribs) and free dockage for dinners. You can check with them to confirm a place to crash. If not, had back down to Plattsburgh, to the Boat Basin (The Turtle) and the dockage at Clare & Carls rest (just opposite of the boat basin's gas docks). Plenty of room, free and we've over-nighted there several times this year. You can either grab breakfast at Clare & Carls or walk up the street a bit to the Corner Rest for a better breakfast (opens at 6am). There's even a place to walk your hound!!!

the corner rest is still open? that place looks deserted everytime we go by...

btw..any of you guys gonna be at the turtle tonight? i'll be down there but going by car and probably getting hammmmmmerrrrreeeedddddd! ah ok got that out of my system!

penbroke 08-16-2008 07:24 AM

Thanks jpmac. We're headed out soon.

See ya on the water.

Frank

VT32SSR 08-17-2008 09:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
awesome weekend in Burlington, the maritime festival was great, overnighted at Breakwaters doc and caught some great music, hooked up with some friends for some other land and water activities

VT32SSR 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Met up with the Lake champlain crew on Sunday, Michael beat Lisas catch in the fish contest