Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain 2008 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186933-lake-champlain-2008-a.html)

jpmac 05-18-2008 09:12 AM

Lake Champlain 2008

Dropped them in yesterday for a little shake-down run from the Peru docks (everything is in) to the Turtle. Jim and I had a nice short run up the lake. Everything was nice and clear of any flotsam and floaters. The Turtle was packed with PSU grad's and their families. Tasted a bit of Matt's nice, new upgraded menu (recommend the open face steak sandwich done all fancy). Had a few cocktails and a fine cigar. Although the basin is starting to fill, got nice front row parking. Talked with Matt earlier this winter about doing some stuff with/for us this season, especially during the week, in the evenings...more to come. Place was bustling with activity everyone prepping fior the season. The city docks are not yet in yet...I'll keep tabs on that. I'll also get the status from up towards Rouse Point and the Lighthouse. Met up with Big Neil at the launch afterwards (spotted us from the ferry on his return trip from Vt). I asked where he'd been hiding all of these months. Said he was looking for a lifestyle change (can we blame him) and wanted to check out that commune out in Texas he'd been seeing on tv. He said, although he ended up with 3.75 wives (couldn't quite close the deal with the 4th one). He commented on the fact that although a loved the little-house-on-the-praire dresses, especially the fit (put that vision in your head), he couldn't quite find one that matched his "palid, off-blue eye's".....so he bailed!!! In any case, he seems to be re-adjusting to society again!!! How is the Vt side looking? I know Jeff from up north has already been dodging iceburgs and skaters.....is clear shooting down here dude! Next weeknd's long-range looks promising...is everyone ready to go!!! Looking foward to a great season!!:D:D:D

jeff32 05-18-2008 11:37 AM

Good thing you started the 08 Champlain tread. We'll keep an eye on here regularly. My boat will be 20 minutes from the rouses point customs, so won't be to long to get to the lake this year... won't be in water with my personnal boat before... I guess second week of june.

Have a great summer guys!

jpmac 05-24-2008 07:42 PM

Out Tomorrow

We'll be headin' over to Burlington/Breakwaters tomorrow late morning! Probablt the Turtle later on! If anyone else is out...ring up! Jim

Slinky 06-17-2008 01:28 PM

Hope some of you guys hit the lake the last two weekends! I'm just a little guy up here in Rouses Point but always love checkin out your guys escapades..i'm friends with Gregg Roberts (grew up next door to him)...lets pray the weekends stay nice for the rest of the summer! One of these days i'll move up to the big boys club but for now i'll be getting used to the lake on my 21ft fourwinns.

cowisl 06-17-2008 02:28 PM

Lets see some pics guys!

Son of a Gun 06-17-2008 02:51 PM

I know my old man has at least a few...cuz I took 'em!

Post away old timer...

VtSteve 06-19-2008 09:17 PM

Sure wish this year were better than last. Only 3 hours so far, just got back from Florida, and it's lookin better and better. And I still have to find time to look for my missing 500 rpm's. Probably pulling plugs Saturday am.

stecz20 06-19-2008 10:11 PM

that crew hs been tired.. i guess their leader sells his cig, nothing else to talk about up there.... poor fellas....

jeff32 06-20-2008 07:33 PM

did not even launched my boat yet... 2 more w-end and I should be able. someone else must have done a couple rides on lake champlain! anyone?

stecz20 06-20-2008 08:41 PM

sad, i feel sorry for you guys.... its al gls fault....

GLH 06-23-2008 08:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Went out Saturday spent the night in Kinglands Bay.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11453257

Morning Sunday was iffy although it cleared up we were back home after Brunch at the Pour House.

Couple pics of the crew..

cowisl 06-23-2008 10:31 AM

thanks for posting. see you guys in two weeks!

penbroke 06-23-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2598505)
Went out Saturday spent the night in Kinglands Bay.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11453257

Morning Sunday was iffy although it cleared up we were back home after Brunch at the Pour House.

Couple pics of the crew..

Hey don't be giving away all my quiet overnight spots...

Frank :rolleyes:

VtSteve 06-23-2008 12:20 PM

Very quiet on the lake so far this year. We took the kids out in the boat and were at the Turtle after they apparently had some major downpours.

Wisely drove the car not the boat to the Boathouse for a couple of drinks last night. The monster thunderstorms came at us like bombs last night, so me and the GF were forced to drink in monsoon style.

Kanookstr 06-24-2008 10:52 AM

My two weeks starts July 26, hope to see the crew at the usual spots..:cool-smiley-026:

cowisl 06-24-2008 10:54 AM

you guys are slacking big time in the picture department. Lets see what you got waterheater!

jeff32 06-24-2008 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kanookstr (Post 2600431)
My two weeks starts July 26, hope to see the crew at the usual spots..:cool-smiley-026:

unless you don't want a canadian in your spots, make a list of those spots so I can meet you guy in hopefully 2 weeks!

Kanookstr 06-25-2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2601483)
unless you don't want a canadian in your spots, make a list of those spots so I can meet you guy in hopefully 2 weeks!

If Canadians are not welcome than that means I can't go as well...lol:D

Turtle
Treadwell bay
thayer beach
butler island
My camp is in Swanton VT.
I have an Aunt that lives in your Town Jeff32, She's a retired judge.

jeff32 06-25-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kanookstr (Post 2602062)

Turtle
Treadwell bay
thayer beach
butler island

Really? What's her name?

Kanookstr 06-25-2008 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2602066)
Really? What's her name?

Giselle Couture/Roy

Slinky 06-27-2008 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kanookstr (Post 2602062)

Turtle
Treadwell bay
thayer beach
butler island

Where is your camp over in Swanton? My buddy lives Right on the lake near the new 78 bridge.

VtSteve 06-28-2008 08:05 AM

Was out last night Down to Burlington, too busy, then had alive music on my boat in the Bay. WTF is up with this trend of boats out at night without lights? Three last night alone. Then there is the dimmer than Chit lights.

jeff32 06-28-2008 10:15 PM

getting closer to launch time, got my boat back today, will maybe test tomorrow depending on weather, if all goes well, drop in Sabrevois on tuesday, so ready for next w-end to go on the lake...

Slinky 06-30-2008 08:08 AM

how many of you guys attend the fireworks in burlington thursday night? Last year i saw a few decent boats come in and out of the bay.

GLH 06-30-2008 04:33 PM

We were out today and will be at the Fireworks Thursday Night...

GLH 06-30-2008 04:39 PM

Here are pics form today...

Had to host them on my site ... Not loading here today...

http://www.limestonedev.com/Azimut/aP6300041.jpg

http://www.limestonedev.com/Azimut/aP6300057.jpg

http://www.limestonedev.com/Azimut/aP6300060.jpg

Kanookstr 06-30-2008 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Slinky (Post 2604840)
Where is your camp over in Swanton? My buddy lives Right on the lake near the new 78 bridge.

Campbells bay

Slinky 07-01-2008 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2608067)

How about i come tie up with you and you can cook me dinner on that thing! haha....my boat will fit where your inflatable is!

I think there are about 5 or 6 of us little boats going over...it was a good time last year, should be a better time with our own boat this year...only thing will be no hittin the booze for me!

Slinky 07-01-2008 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kanookstr (Post 2608224)
Campbells bay

nice, never been over there by boat...we've been buy it heading up to st.albans bay but thats it.

jeff32 07-04-2008 10:46 AM

well, finally never had time to lauch the boat for a first test ride before going for a family ride... So, I'll be launching tonight friday the 4th at Sabrevois, sleep there and head over to the lake tomorrow morning... I guess I'll just risk everything goes well for this first ride... Probably will sleep at Burton if there are any availability. Friend of mine will be following in a 1994 Baja outlaw 24. So wave me if you see me. My boat is in my avatar, but not all of you have your boat in your avatar. So I may know your screen names, but not your boat!

See you all (hopefully) tomorrow. I'll check this tread before leaving at around 5pm today, after that... no more internet... So if you plan to be out there, let me know before I leave!

jeff32 07-06-2008 09:53 PM

well, back home! everything went well! was at burton saturday noon, went for a ride at 5 pm at deep bay, slept at burton, then sunday went to burlington and thayers beach.

Not too many speed boats by the way... more cruisers than anything else! met GLH at thayer with his new toy... awsome! Paul showed up in a 47 fountain. unfortunatly I did not really had the chance to meet him, and a yellow nor-tech was there as well just beside my boat, but I don't know them either...

2 nice days for sure! Hope to meet some more guys next time!

pictures to follow...

GLH 07-07-2008 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice to see you again Jeff.

The Yellow Nor-Tech is Doc John's and is a sweet ride.

Wow pictures work now.... I guess I will start taking some again.

jeff32 07-07-2008 06:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here we go...

jeff32 07-07-2008 06:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you see me... wave me!!!

Slinky 07-08-2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2614936)
If you see me... wave me!!!

your boat looks real good...
did you have any problems coming down through the border with that new customs dock they have setup?

they picked up one guy who had two people stowed on board..one was under a mattress in the cuddy the other was in some compartment. They posessed his boat and arrested the 3 of them right in Rouses Point.

Kanookstr 07-08-2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Slinky (Post 2608879)
nice, never been over there by boat...we've been buy it heading up to st.albans bay but thats it.

Water is much warmer here but muddier as well

jeff32 07-08-2008 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Slinky (Post 2615862)
your boat looks real good...
did you have any problems coming down through the border with that new customs dock they have setup?

they picked up one guy who had two people stowed on board..one was under a mattress in the cuddy the other was in some compartment. They posessed his boat and arrested the 3 of them right in Rouses Point.

let's see... last year we would go to barcomb marina, find a dock and wait between 1 or 2 hours walking/sitting for a custom guy... this year there is like 6 places on docks. so when you approach custom, you only got to follow everybody in line ON THE WATER, for an hour and a half, THEN dock for 30 minutes to clear customs... what a pleasure to be with 30 other boats, trying to stay in place on the water, with the wind, and slightly modified engines on idle for such a period of time! talk about engines running too rich...

so, I think even if they are 5 or 6 on the docks, it was easier last year, waiting is the same...

GLH 07-08-2008 10:37 PM

The key is to go through at odd hours.

Went to get the boat detailed Monday morning... Got to the Canadian border at 6:45 AM No one there.... Picked up the phone and they cleared me on the phone with a confirmation number.........

My guess is US customs will be a little more involved but time yourself at odd hours.

The best bet if your Canadian is pass the border with the rig on the trailer and put in in the US.

stecz20 07-08-2008 10:42 PM

any more bikini shots, f the boat you meat head...

GLH 07-09-2008 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2616664)
any more bikini shots, f the boat you meat head...

What's this noise from shore????