Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New guy here who needs some advice. >

New guy here who needs some advice.

Notices

New guy here who needs some advice.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found out why the Scarab was being sold at such a good price. Apparently it was listed at $70 a couple weeks ago but the owner ran into some financial problems and needs money. It looks like I might have been in the right place at the right time. I am going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and I come home with a new toy.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

The Scarab looks good. From the hardware on the transom, it looks like a lot of money was spent on keeping it updated. I came from the blown Sanger flatbottom ranks as well. It is nice to take more than one person and not worry about being swamped. I enjoy how everyone thinks that capped hulls are new, My 79 was beautifully capped. You won't regret the change.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Find a clean Cigarette Bullet. It will hold its value better than all the above.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyMarshall
Blume, do you know the previous owner of that boat?

yes, i sold it new in 94. it is a two owner boat, i know both previous owners. it has 222 original motor and hull hrs. the owner just bought a 47 with tripple 600sci's and wants this one gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bruin_d
I found out why the Scarab was being sold at such a good price. Apparently it was listed at $70 a couple weeks ago but the owner ran into some financial problems and needs money. It looks like I might have been in the right place at the right time. I am going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and I come home with a new toy.
Well I went and checked out. It was a beautiful boat. Motors made 870Hp each. However, when I told the broker over the phone how much money I had to spend and asked him if the owner would consider my offer he told me YES. I wanted to ask before I made the 600 mile round trip. Unfortunately, he never bothered asking the owner how flexible he was on his price. Needless to say, I drove for 10 hours yesterday to look at a boat that I can't afford.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish you'd have mentioned the broker thing beforehand. 99.99% of them are lazy & worthless.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bruin_d
Well I went and checked out. It was a beautiful boat. Motors made 870Hp each. However, when I told the broker over the phone how much money I had to spend and asked him if the owner would consider my offer he told me YES. I wanted to ask before I made the 600 mile round trip. Unfortunately, he never bothered asking the owner how flexible he was on his price. Needless to say, I drove for 10 hours yesterday to look at a boat that I can't afford.
You might want to drive up to my place and check out my 94 Fountain 38 Fever with a pair of 565's. Send me a PM or an email address and I'll send you some pictures and info or call me at 843-458-0001. It's not advertised presently, but will be shortly.