Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spend your Gov. Check the right way. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187287-spend-your-gov-check-right-way.html)

Sulfur1 05-22-2008 08:03 PM

Yeah well, the little guys like me are sick and tired of the people that make good money complain. I understand that you all pay more taxes, and I'm sorry to hear that. I personally believe that it should go to a flat tax nation wide. I mean when guys like me are listening to people that just bought a new car a new house and most often a new boat then they turn aound and complain about taxes. Well, you make more you get taxed more, sorry...suck it up! Don't like it find something else to do. Theres consequences for everything. Man that chit burns me!

WARPARTY36 05-22-2008 08:10 PM

I wasn't saying YOU are getting a free ride. I was saying that it's not about the $600.

4195 05-22-2008 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sulfur1 (Post 2567294)
Boy it must be nice to make 75-150k a year. I make less than 75k and I'm happy with what I have. You all making more than 75-150k a year shouldn't be complaining, whats a measly 600 to you anyway. Man the people on this damn forum. You have good jobs paying good money and want more...greedy. Be thankful for what you have :angry-smiley-038:

I think the words you were looking for are thank you. Those who don't get a check are justing handing $600 to you. I have 2 kids and don't qualify for the child credit either. It's totally BS, just because I have taken risks and work hard I have to keep paying. For those who own their own business we are also paying a 15% self employment tax. Better hope MCain wins!

Sulfur1 05-22-2008 08:21 PM

Ok so your all running the finances in this country I get it.

prostock85 05-22-2008 08:38 PM

I'm in the lower wage bracket of this forum. Base salary is just under $38K. I will be getting a check but I would rather see the government keep it and put it towards our national or my states (NJ) debt, so eventually I wont have to pay 25% of my check in taxes week after week.

Thank god for side jobs!!

WARPARTY36 05-22-2008 08:46 PM

One good thing about this site is that we have a vast variety of backgrounds. There are people that can't buy a dock line and others that have hundreds of millions. It is a learning experience for everyone to hear other's opinions.

PARADOX 05-22-2008 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sulfur1 (Post 2567339)
Ok so your all running the finances in this country I get it.

I wish we would and could. If the Gov. would be handled like a private business eterprise.. I gurantfreekingtie it.. we would not have defficit in the trilliens.
Employees have insurance, 401K's health benefits, cont education programs etc. etc and on and on.
Honest working class making hard erned $'s desreve to get some brakes at times.
I'm sure most of the forums point is that the $600 goes to some low life. illigal alliens with some alias names or some relatives of theirs and not where it would do some good.
The other problem is not that I'm not getting $600..but if I have to pay for the $600 and the loan to cover it.. I want to say where or who should it go. DO the math.. How many people will receive $600?? and how many people will have to provide that $600? Honestly... the several $600's I had to "provide" thats how many $600 less I will provide at Christmas, or bonuses. And for the record,, the typ. mid. or upper mid. class people do not have nearly the risks and potential losses that some of the "bigger" guys do.
I would love to pay a few mills in taxes... that means I made 50-60 mill. HOWEVER... our gov. finds a way to frak up my business every which way you can imagine. More BS red tapes, BS legal shlt, insurance...etc.. etc.. then anywhere else in the world. What's worse.. the jobs are going overseas more and more, and more. You want to make America strong again? world of the free?? free entrprize?? get all the libs out of Washington,, get all the special interest groups out of North America.. leve the rest of the World alone for the rest of the World to deal with,, fix "home", and let me run my own business as profitable and succesfull as I can. Remember,, the more I make.. the more I can pay,, the more I can pay.. the more employees will have to spend. Live me alone, and if I fail? then it's my fault,, but while trying to succeed the gov. holds me back. (my 0.2):angry-smiley-038:

B one 05-22-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by C M R (Post 2566969)
Put it in your savings… My opinion

Savings what is that? Do you not own a boat?

prostock85 05-22-2008 09:48 PM

I respect all who make minimum wage up to people who are millionaires. That is as long as you pay taxes. I may just be a $18/hr 27yo electrician but I pay my way. I may barely be able to afford a dock line at times, but I work my ass off. I'm sure your post (WARPARTY36) wasn't a stab at me but I'm just saying. As most of you know at one point in life or another, its tough being young, and inexperienced. Sh*t, with gas @ $4 a gal for regular, its hard staying afloat in NJ. But it sure as hell isn't going to stop my passion for boating.

Back to the refund... I'm sorry for all of those who aren't getting one as I feel it should be equal. This thread almost makes me not to want to cash it. I work hard for my small check, but so does everyone else. We as Americans are going to be paying for those checks one way or another.

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4195 (Post 2567332)
I think the words you were looking for are thank you.

NO FUKCING $HIT!