Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spend your Gov. Check the right way. >

Spend your Gov. Check the right way.

Notices

Spend your Gov. Check the right way.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The $600 thing was stupid from the get go and nothing but political jostling from BOTH parties.
The only thing more stupid they could possibly do is to spend 42 million sending out freakin letters telling peole what they already knew about getting these checks. And of course they did just that..

Meanwhile debt is staggering, infastructure is shot, goverment continues to grow. Fuk the Repulicans as well as the Democrats.. They are just as bad and both have become totally inept at anything.

Vote Libertarian so we can maybe save this country from the rampat stupidity of the Democratic and Republican parties!

Last edited by ZP'd; 05-23-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sulfur1
Ok so your all running the finances in this country I get it.
You did not hear me complaining about not getting the money, just pointing out that I will not receive any.

Yes the folks that make between $150K and $250K pay the majority of the taxes in this country. That is a fact. I have not been given anything in life and have worked very hard to get where I am.

Try to get the Democrates to defind RICH and they don't want to put a dollar figure on it. They want everyone to think it is Donald Trump but it is the small business owner like myself that is carrying the tax burden for the nation.

I am taxed to death every way I turn and they keep holding their hand out for more. I have to live withing my means at home and at the office and balance by budget. The government just takes more when they overspend and keeps as many people poor as they can.

I'm proud of this country and I'm very grateful to have what I do and be able to pay my share of the taxes, but I just feel it is important that folks realize who the democrates are really talking about when they say the "RICH".

Why is it we ALL pay taxes but only some get a rebate?

Is that fair?

I'm old enough to remember when Howard Hughes was the richest man in the country. We have teenagers now that could buy and sell him all day long and I am NOT even close 40 years later to being as rich as Howard Hughes was but according to the government I am "RICH".

I have my health, my family, my boat and my God and that is what makes me RICH.

Just the facts.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Why is it we ALL pay taxes but only some get a rebate?

Is that fair?
How about AMT??? Maybe we should start enother thread on that bullchit tax as well.....
Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Wow, I am sorry I posted something that I thought was funny.

I did not mean for it to become a social commentary. It has been a great read though. I know people on both sides of this deal.

I was only making a joke that carries even more humor if you know I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. Hookers on the other hand......

Now, carry on.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Wow, I am sorry I posted something that I thought was funny.

I did not mean for it to become a social commentary. It has been a great read though. I know people on both sides of this deal.

I was only making a joke that carries even more humor if you know I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. Hookers on the other hand......

Now, carry on.
TROUBLE MAKER!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tax relief

lets spend our money on god,guns and guts.after all,its what this great country was made of.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
With the salary cap on the refund, how may people on this sight will ever see a check?

I won't

That $600 would cover a bar tab, maybe 2
No gov't rebates here either. I called our accountant, (My sister-in-law) and she LAUGHED at me when I asked if we were going to get any STIMULUS checks!
Dean