Gas prices vs Boat prices? >

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Notices

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pachanga
I bite my toungue as I coment here. WTF has the government got to do with the price of gas? If anything they have held the price down for a long time! Europe has been paying twice what we are now for awhile! I'm just like everyone else and want cheap gas!
The answer to the 1st question is closing off areas to drilling and not allowing new refineries to be built.

And europe pays twice as much mostly due to taxes.

The only good thing is now there will be a push for more better technology. I can still afford it but I'd buy a Volt tomorrow if it were available.

Anyone notice that refineries are only at 88% capacity when mid 90s is more common this time of year?

Last edited by Von Bongo; 05-28-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad was talking to a guy that auctions vehicles to used car lots. He said that he had a 07' F-350 dually diesel that he was auctioning off. He started at like $30,000 and got all the way down to like $18,000 and it still wouldn't sell. Before fuel went up so much, that truck probably would have sold for close to $40,000. It hurts to fill up now-a-days.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm crazy looking to buy a 35 ft boat with twin 525's
I should be looking at a sailboat and not worry about gas.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by enticer
Been trying to sell my boat for 2 years and now I don't even get calls....
Nice looking boat but,.... I can't figure out your asking price from your link?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lawdocx3
: Disclaimer I am NOT a Bush fan: But that being said if you really think this nation is messed up due to one man, you are a bit naive on how the government works in this country.
Your absolutely correct. It isn't just one man. I know that... But he also isn't doing anything to help matters. I honestly think he too stupid to know how bad things are. An interview I saw lately when he was asked about a recession he had that stupid smirk on his face and claimed not being in a recession. The one post I responded to just hit me because of the invite I got to have dinner with bush.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by enticer
Been trying to sell my boat for 2 years and now I don't even get calls. It will be a classic by the time it sells
a guy asked me the other day if I was going to sell my boat and get a smaller one....I said "sell it to who?"......Im getting used to the idea that this is going to be my boat
Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Went to buy gas Monday of Memorial Day weekend the marina owner said he sold 2500 gal of $4.08/gal gas the Friday before the holiday weekend. A one day gallon record for him. Odd though that there are not that many boats out, particularly performance boats. Maybe the cruisers filled up to idle all summer.

I have kept the speed down and the gas is lasting much longer than before. Should be OK to keep the boat and the hobby, it's paid for.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I hate to burst anyones bubble. A few years, I won't even waste ink on the screen to complain. This situation is not a "few years". The world is smaller, there aren't any more new frontires and new discoveries. The US budget and defficit can't survive a constant gov. expenditures hoping that later will recover. THis is not a recoverable "recesion" while no one want's to admit it, and we are all in denial. I HOPE I'm wrong.
I won't stop boating, but I will change life styles. I'm not nto the dooms day BS but things are changing and we have to get ready and prepare. There are no more yupies and baby boomers to bail the US econ. out. The middle class and upper middle class, taking the most of the burden for all the economical BS, gas prices etc. are thinking abut retiring in 5-15 years. No major spending sprees. The next generation are not ready to spend major $. therefore the less spending, less $ exhcange.. weak markets,, shlty economy. It will take 5+ years... food for thought.. my .02 and hope I'm dead wrong, and wish I could say "I was wrong"..
Paradox, you couldn't have hit the nail more on the head. I saw a presentation a couple months ago by a consulting firm at a city council meeting regarding the changes in the demographics, and the resulting loss of overall earning and spending forecasted (and for government tax revenue). They discussed how income and spending change through people's lives, and how the baby boomers are entering a phase where they will spend less, and will be entering retirement. The next wave of spenders, Generation X, isn't expected to hit until after 2020, and that surge will be much more mild than the baby boomer group was. Add to the mix, the huge influx of poor, uneducated immigrants, and, things look pretty bleak for quite a while.

Michael
Old 05-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Your absolutely correct. It isn't just one man. I know that... But he also isn't doing anything to help matters. I honestly think he too stupid to know how bad things are. An interview I saw lately when he was asked about a recession he had that stupid smirk on his face and claimed not being in a recession. The one post I responded to just hit me because of the invite I got to have dinner with bush.
From Wikipedia
In macroeconomics, a recession is generally associated with a decline in a country's real gross domestic product (GDP), or negative real economic growth, for two or more successive quarters of a year.

With that definition we are not in a recession.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

The country might not be in a recession but my ass has been in a recession for 2-3 years. My industry (auto) has been cutting salary and benefits for years. If you don't count food and energy costs in your economic calculations you are NOT telling the truth.
It might be time for a DEM pres. Then the REP can get the congress back and straighten this sh*t out!

Quick Reply: Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.