Notices

OHIO River Accident??

Old 05-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
This was posted unde the comments section of one of the web news reports:

The guy that owns the boat is Rudy Crandle,a very good friend of mine.One of the best guys you would ever want to know with a big heart.How this could happen to such a good person god will only know.The other gentelmen was Jerry Cooly another great guy.I prayed for both of their saftey but now at 7:41 AM ON SATURDAY and there has been no word of rescue I know the worst is to be expected.Randy gave so much and expected very little in return thats just the way he was,he will be deeply missed by a lot of people.Randy was a very experianced boater who has been navagating the mighty Ohio for many years and has showed me a thing or too.
The Big O is an ever-changing creature. I'm always very careful the first couple of times out each year just trying to steer clear the "new" stick-ups. That section of river appeared to be really narrow.

So sorry to hear about these guys' fate.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will pray for all involved
Old 05-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

I hate to hear things like this, especially this close to home. I will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.
Scott
Old 05-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
The panther in that pic is almost identical to mine. Mine has stock kill switches. Never seen a panther without them. I've hooked hard in this boat and found jesus about wearing the lanyards.

For your sake Chris Sunkin I hope you didn't really mean what you said about not having sympathy for these dead powerboaters. That is just plain rotten. We have all errored and not been bit. I find those people who take the highest moral ground on topics are generally the biggest offenders and the least moral on the subject matter at hand..
Let me say again - I don't know if that was the boat. It is just known as a local boat, and was very similar to the quick shot I saw on the news this morning.
I don't want to start any rumors that are untrue.
Very sorry to the families. My prayers.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

It seems like were off to a bad start to the year with all the accidents.Ill pray for them and a safe rest of the summer.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Let me say again - I don't know if that was the boat. It is just known as a local boat, and was very similar to the quick shot I saw on the news this morning.
I don't want to start any rumors that are untrue.
Very sorry to the families. My prayers.
It appears to be the same, the seat logos and interior appear to be identical...Anyways very sad to hear about this, my prayers for the freinds and family...Let keep up hope until otherwise...
Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Bodies recovered

http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/l...com&navCatId=5

Last edited by BLAZE; 06-03-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

gods speed, its a shame
Old 05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Condolences to the families!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Maybe I'm just feeling a little crusty this morning. Or maybe I'm growing weary at seeing someone else needlessly die in a sport that I'm pretty fond of. And I can't believe there's any shred of debate on the merits of using safety equipment, or that some (many) people still don't use it.

People talk about having sensitivity for those they left behind. I think the most insensitive thing a person can do is needlessly expose themselves to easily avoidable risks that ultimately lead to their demise. If their families are feeling pain today, I would submit to you that the majority of it comes from the fact that these people are gone. And, now they have to live with the thoughts that no one had to die and likely wouldn't have had there been proper use of safety equipment.

If you boat and don't wear vests and lanyards, or if you consume alcohol and operate your boat, think about these people's families this morning- then think about your own. Consider the pain and burden they'll bear if you're not there.
Wow, you sure like to judge people. A number of your points are valid, but some are not all that well founded. As one that is pretty knowlegeable in water rescue (everythying from basic life saving to extreme whitewater rescue), I am pretty sure that the lanyards would not have saved them.

Once again, I say I highly recomment lanyards and safety vests. That being said, I would bet that most of us do take MANY casual rides without the ole lifevests strapped down.

I drove all over Center Hill lake today. Yes, I did have that lanyard strapped on. No, I was not wearing a vest. I don't feel that makes me a suicidal a$$.

Two weeks ago I hauled a$$ on a fun fun in Cumberland. I did wear my vest the whole time. It was appropriate for the occasion. Go ahead, judge me if you like.

I do think that is wrong to sprinkle your "words of wisdom" on situations before you know what happened.

Quick Reply: OHIO River Accident??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.