Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO is crawling today? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188532-oso-crawling-today.html)

BlackJack58 06-15-2008 08:18 AM

9am on sunday - HHHOOOORIBBLY SLOOOOW. Pages hard to load - photos taking forever. This is the worst I've ever seen it.

And it's not my PC. Every other site is fine....

Lmarth 06-15-2008 12:25 PM

!;20pm Sunday and am able to get on for the first time in hours. Painfully slow this morning as its been just about every day this last week. The new owners are going to lose a lot of paying members if this continues.

BUIZILLA 06-15-2008 12:33 PM

slowest website on the entire web...

MacGyver 06-15-2008 01:19 PM

During the OSO outage this morning, I went to IB home page and every other site they host worked just fine. There's absolutely no reason for this slow condition day after day after day. And the complete outage this morning is unbelievable.

If this was a bank website, the sysadmin would have been fired by now.

Roger 1 06-15-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lmarth (Post 2590405)
!;20pm Sunday and am able to get on for the first time in hours. Painfully slow this morning as its been just about every day this last week. The new owners are going to lose a lot of paying members if this continues.

Not to mention the unhappy advertisers......

BillR 06-15-2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 2590451)
During the OSO outage this morning, I went to IB home page and every other site they host worked just fine. There's absolutely no reason for this slow condition day after day after day. And the complete outage this morning is unbelievable.

I went to another one of thier sites and it was slow too. But not gone like OSO was this morning.

IB's get your act together. OSO has NEVER been like this!!!!!

Chris Sunkin 06-15-2008 08:24 PM

It seems like at 4:30 Friday they said "F uck it, it's Friday" and hit the bricks.

The observation about this being some bank or any other professionally run COMMERCIAL website being down is spot-on.

Funny thing- IB just dumped their long-time CTO and hired some new guy. Visit their coprporate site and look at all the stock options grants this guy was given. He's really earning his keep- they can't even get a piece of canned software to run. God forbid they ever try to implement something on their own.

THEJOKER 06-15-2008 08:32 PM

I've tried to get on several times w/ no luck. Looks ok now. They've contacted me several times about my ad that doesn't appear but it's still not up. I'm not giving up but somethings up for sure.

stecz20 06-15-2008 09:01 PM

Stecz should have bought his site... ill show em how to run it...

hire me ib, ill show you how to make my people happy, cause this aint the way.....:evilb::evilb:

Jigsaw89 06-15-2008 09:17 PM

I've only been here since 2004 and gotta admit that I've never seen such poor connectivity. My computer(s) perform as they should and all the bad IB reviews are well deserved (thus far).

Hey IB… if you intend on keeping your paying members and paying advertisers, I suggest you get on the ball and fix your server problems.