If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Smarty's Father

My Boats:
    Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat
    Waterford, MI
    Stephen so sorry for your families loss. Thank you so much for sharing the stories about your Dad, it makes me feel like I knew him a bit, and he is certainly someone that Ian and I would have enjoyed meeting. The guys you dad sought out to talk to here are the same guys Ian enjoys talking with. He reminds me a bit of my Dad who turned 80 this spring. His heart was always in motors but unfortunately my mom ruled with an iron fist and only let him get a boat much later in life. He was not lucky enough to have a son and I waited till 35 to marry, with Ian he finally had a son to share his love of motors with. I will never forget the excitement he had as he helped Ian navigate through the staights of Mackinaw on Lake MI the year we celebrated their 50th anniversary. He was so into it that I had him sit next to Ian in my seat so he could follow the GPS and his chart. True to form my mother and sister would not ride with us, they took the ferry to the island. Unfortunately his knees are so bad that it is dangerous for him to be around docks, he will have knee replacement surgery in Sept ( he kept failing stress tests and just got the OK) hopefully he will get around better, but 80 is getting up there. Sorry to go on about my Dad but I wanted you to know that hearing about your's makes me think about mine, which makes your father's memory grow. Give your mom a big hug and tell her your Dad was a lucky man, she did not make him give up his passion.
    Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-03-2008 at 05:26 PM.

My Boats:
    99 27 Kryptonite
    Brick, NJ
    Stephen, so sorry for your loss. May he R.I.P. Hang in there bro if ya need anything feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Thank you so much for the offer, but my father has passed, and I am needed here.
    I saw this thread picking up post and feared the worst- RIP and thanks for sharing your Father's life with us..

N . J.
    Very Sorry For Your Loss
    If you have to ask, you'll never know!

My Boats:
    2002 31AO 300X
    Egg Harbor Twp, N.J.
    So sorry to hear about your father.
    He was a great man.
    Your long time tenants and friends.
    jeff and jeanne

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    Stephen, You and your family are in our thoughts and our prayers. Your father and I have become good friends over the last few years and I will miss him deeply. If you need anything just give me a call. John 484-883-1390 God Bless.

I bought a 509 ci motor from Alan back in January and had the chance to "hang"out with him in his garage surrounded by what he, engines, and engines and boats. We talked for hours and shared a ton of stories. The man was a literal encyclopedia of boating and engine building knowledge. What better way to spend a cold and rainy day in January.

Alan you will be missed...God Speed my friend.

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar

So sorry for your loss.

My prayers are with you and your family...

My God Bless him.....

I pass by that Magnum often on Princeton Ave in Brick.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

STEPHEN I am so sorry for the passing of your father. I was hoping to tell you to keep pulling for him because my dad had a heart attack to day on the beach and I was not with him, your dad was a great father and person from what I have read. You need to be strong for your mom now and if you want a oso brother to talk to thats been there call me at 617 8333327 anytime we lost my wifes dad last spring 07 and I hope my dad makes it. god bless you and your family and I know the angels are driving while your father is throttling a offshore cig to heaven. I am so so sorry for you guys. artie

My Boats:
    320 VELOCITY
    Stepen and family,I am so sorry for your loss,may he rest in peace.He was indeed a great man and was always willing to help out,he even pointed me in the right direction more than once.R.I.P.Stephan please call me when you can 302 293 0487
    and once again,your Dad was and will be always be rememberd by me and alot of others,good people never DIE they just go FASTER.
    Bill Weber

NJ, PA
    even though it was way to soon for Mr. jones, there is def something special about where he is now; and providing Him with a knowledgeable motor mind, and a very fast chariot!!!

Lets get some motors running for his sake!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast