Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't understand why you have to even be on plane at night.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Heard he turned himself in through his Lawyer. I would bet he is nice and sober now Just a wild guess though.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the report it was all white 27 with front damage, Trim Tabs busted and the vin numbers scraped off. This guy should be hung, talk about knowing you hit someone. He forgot that there is a serial number on a motor.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Just in from the Asbury Park Press

What to hell is a Imperial? sounds more like a Bayliner to me.

POINT PLEASANT — Investigators from the State Police and the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office are continuing to piece together evidence in the Sunday boat crash that left one person dead and four others injured.

So far no one has been charged in what investigators have termed a hit-and-run on the water.

Troopers believe they have located the second boat from the crash and have today executed a search warrant "in an attempt to recover definitive evicence to conclude whether this is the other involved vessel,"State Police Sgt. Stephen Jones said. The boat was described as a 27-foot Imperial speedboat.

The owner of the boat is a 29-year-old Brick man who has yet to be questioned, Jones said. Police did not publicly identify him further.

"The State Police Fatal Accident Unit continues to piece together the evidence to produce a picture of the circumstances surrounding the crash," Jones said. "The preliminary evidence indicates that both boats were moving at the time of the crash. It is not yet known if both vessels were using the proper nighttime running lights."

Troopers have impounded the boat and taken it to a garage at the State Police marine station at Point Pleasant, Jones said.

The crash occurred at approximately 1:14 a.m. Sunday, in the mouth of the Metedeconk River in Brick, police said.

The Whaler, with five persons on board, was run over by the much larger speedboat, according to a State Police statement.

The owner of the Whaler, Robert Post, 49, of Essex Fells, died on impact from head trauma. The four other occupants were all injured and taken to Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, the State Police said.

They are Bonnie Post, 52, of Essex Fells, Cliff Farren, 45 of St. Davids, Pa., Joan Farren, 46 of St. Davids, Pa., and Karen Kelly of Norcross, Ga.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Default Hey

Looks like the whaler they hit might have just been crabbing by the Mantoloking Bridege when struck. That sucks. RIP to family and friends
Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
What to hell is a Imperial? sounds more like a Bayliner to me.
Maybe an IMP that some reporter thought was an abbreviation for Imperial?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.kyw1060.com/NJ-Owner-of-H...rities/2721468
Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All Seasons (ASI) made boats under the Imperial brand. They did a Squadron 27 splash in the 80's. That would be my guess on the boat they're describing.

I had one and sold it several years ago to some clown from that general vicinity- a concrete finisher. I'm curious if it's the same guy.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I had one and sold it several years ago to some clown from that general vicinity- a concrete finisher. I'm curious if it's the same guy.
Damn dude...you're always buying, selling or refurbishing some kind of boat... Do you ever use them? Lets see some pics!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Damn dude...you're always buying, selling or refurbishing some kind of boat... Do you ever use them? Lets see some pics!
I'm pretty ADD- especially when it comes to hobbies. That was a boat that I bought on impulse and realized it would take more than it was worth to get into shape- so off to Ebay it went. There are pics somewhere on the site of it- the prior owner is a member.

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.