Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Once again, Tex has his head squarely buried up his ass.
Once again.... a bunch of people blasting another driver, despite having no clue as to what really happened. This guy could have turned around and not seen any other boats. His passenger could have been seriously injured and he rushed her to the hospital. He could of been knocked out during the wreck and the boat speed off on its own power.

A big formula cruiser did the same thing not too long ago, the only difference is he radio'd in after the wreck.

Its an accident..........involving two boats.........and in my book that means two drivers were at fault. Very bad situation, but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Very bad situation, but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.
Facts are he crashed into a 17' Boston Whaler - no matter who's fault it was he didn't stop.

What the f****ing part of the story don't you get?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Once again.... a bunch of people blasting another driver, despite having no clue as to what really happened.
Tex,

I don't think that is the problem here. You stated that the Imperial had the right of way, because the Whaler got hit on the starboard side. What if the Whaler wasn't moving? No right-of-way is granted. Even if the Whaler was moving, and the Imperial had the right of way, it doesn't absolve the Imperial of the other regulation that supercedes all others, avoiding a collision, even if the Imperial has to completely change course 180 degrees.

Michael

Michael
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=TexomaPowerboater;2644580]Once again.... a bunch of people blasting another driver, despite having no clue as to what really happened. This guy could have turned around and not seen any other boats. His passenger could have been seriously injured and he rushed her to the hospital. He could of been knocked out during the wreck and the boat speed off on its own power.

A big formula cruiser did the same thing not too long ago, the only difference is he radio'd in after the wreck.

Its an accident..........involving two boats.........and in my book that means two drivers were at fault. Very bad situation, but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.[/QOTE]

I have to clue in. Yes it was an accident up until the point of him running, I have inside information about the accident and the piece of **** should hang period. This family in the Whaler is going though hell, the poor guy that was driving got hit so hard his head was off his body from shoulders up. The 27 ft boat went airborn though the side over the console slammed the guy head on went back in the water shut his lights and ran like a bat out of hell, hid his boat until he sobered up then called his Lawyer and left 5 people on a boat to die. This is no accident when someone can be that cold hearted. Drunk or not I would have been in the water helping, Oh wait I don't operate my boat drunk, I care to much about my life and other people to be that dum. My Prayers to the family that are suffering and a big thank you to the ass hole that just made us
responsible Performance boaters look like the bad guys again. Thats all I heard today about fast boat people are hooligans are quitos with gold chains that don't give a **** about anyone else.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Now The Report Stated The Boat Went Over The Whaler So Who Was In The Wrong It Took Out The Center Console They Said
Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

My condolences to the family and friends.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Progress in fatal boat crash investigation

Here is a copy of the Press Release I receieved from the State Police:

Brick Township, Ocean County, NJ - A second boat possibly involved in the Sunday morning fatal boating crash in the Metedeconk River has been impounded by the New Jersey State Police. After receiving information about a damaged boat, State Police detectives examined the vessel at a Brick Township residence and impounded the 27-foot Imperial speedboat, transporting it to an inside garage at the State Police Point Pleasant marine station.

A collision between an unknown vessel and a 17-foot Boston Whaler resulted in the death of one man and injuries to four others. Finding damage on the Imperial consistent with the crash, State Police detectives executed a search warrant on the speedboat this morning in an attempt to collect definitive evidence to conclude whether this is the other involved vessel. The owner is a 29-year old man with a home in Brick Township who has not yet met with investigators.

The State Police Fatal Accident unit continues to piece together the evidence to produce a picture of circumstances surrounding the crash. It is not yet known if both vessels were using the proper night time running lights.

The State Police Major Crimes Unit, Troop "C" Criminal Investigations Office, Point Pleasant Station personel, and the Ocean County Prosecutor's office are working cooperatively on this case. At the conclusion of the investigation, prosecutor's office will be given the completed reports and will decide whether charges are appropriate.

The crash occurred at approximately 1:14 a.m. Sunday, in the mouth of the Metedeconk River, Brick Township, Ocean County. The Whaler, with five persons onboard, was run over by the much larger speedboat. The boat owner, Robert Post, 49 of Essex Fells, died on impactof a head wound. The four other occupants were all injured and taken to Jersey Shore medical Center in Neptune. They are Bonnie Post, 52, of Essex Fells, Cliff Faren, 45 of St Daivds, PA, Joan Farren, 46 of St David, PA, and Karen Kelly of norcross, Georgia.

###

NJ Department of Law and Public Safety / Office of the Attorney General: Divisions- Alcohol Beverage Control-Civil Rights- Consumer Affairs- Criminal Justice Elections-Gaming Enforcement-Highway Traffic Safety- Law-Racing-State Police.
Other agencies: Executive Commision on Ethical Standards- Election Law Enforcement Commission-Victims of Crime Compensation Board- Juvenile Justice Commission-Office of Counter Terrorism

My prayers go out to the families.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-05-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

how can the name of the hit and run driver be a secret .... this guy turned himself in on sunday , i was told, please somebody explain the true meaning of this secrecy, and i do NOT believe its politics????????????
Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered

Anthony Digilio, 29, of Brick.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well it's pretty easy to figure out who is going to vote for Obama in this thread........... Some people just seem to want to defend the indefensible.

If the driver of the Imperial was 10, maybe you could chalk it up to youthful panic.......but he was /is 29.

If he was drunk , he would be facing serious time....... probably about the same as the manslaughter charge he will surely face now........... IF....they can prove he was actually in the boat. (female passenger/eyewitness???).

This is some mess....and God Bless the family in the Whaler....who are going through a kind of Hell that most of us cannot imagine. I pray that they get closure and that the individual(s) responsible does serious time.

Maybe something good will come out of this....but I cannot imagine what...?

T2x

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.